3 simple recipes with potatoes
A few days ago we announced the nutritious properties of potatoes as well as its benefits. After knowing how healthy this tuber becomes, potatoes should not be lacking in a healthy and balanced diet.
We can eat potatoes every day in moderate quantity and accompanied by the right foods. On this occasion we provide 3 recipes to prepare with potatoes, they are very simple to make and they are very tasty.
3 delicious recipes with potatoes
The Baked potatoes They are a traditional way of cooking potatoes in our cuisine. It consists of cutting potatoes into slices or wheels roughly 2 or 3 millimeters thick and then cooking them in the oven or poached in a pan.
The baked potatoes are also cooked with onions cut into julienne and pepper, white wine and some recipes are also prepared with garlic and parsley.
Bakers potatoes are usually cooked as a garnish to accompany other dishes such as meat dishes, fish dishes, vegetables, or tortillas.
- 5 medium potatoes
- Red pepper.
- White wine.
- Extra virgin olive oil
- We wash the pepper and remove the skin, we can help a potato peeler. Once we have removed the skin cut the pepper into slices.
- Then remove the skin to the potatoes and wash them well. We cut the potatoes into slices of about 3 millimeters.
- We remove the skin from the onion and cut it into slices as well. We put salt to the potatoes. In a pan put olive oil to heat and when hot saute the potatoes a little.
- While we put the oven to preheat with a temperature of 180ºC for 10 minutes. We are placing the potatoes in a baking dish.
- Put the slices of pepper and onion over the potatoes and add a little white wine, a drizzle of virgin olive oil and a little salt. We introduce the source in the oven and cook the potatoes with a temperature of 180ºC for 30 minutes.
- After the time we removed the source of the oven and we have our bakery potatoes ready to taste as a side dish of the dish we have chosen.
Potatoes stuffed with vegetables
Fill potatoes it is also a recipe that supposes a good resource to accompany different dishes, meat, fish, rice, or also to taste them only as a starter or first course. For the filling we can use the vegetables that we like the most.
- 6 medium potatoes
- Half red pepper
- Half green pepper
- One onion.
- Wild asparagus.
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Water to cook asparagus and potatoes.
- Coarse salt.
- A pinch of ground black pepper.
- We wash the potatoes well so there is no trace of dirt left. In a cauldron we put the potatoes and cover them with water.
- Add a little salt and cook the potatoes until they are tender, not too soft. Drain the potatoes carefully so that they are not destroyed and reserve them on a tray.
- Wash the peppers and chop them into cubes. We do the same with the onion. Wash the asparagus and put them in a cauldron with water to cover them and a little salt.
- Cook the asparagus until tender. Drain the asparagus and cut into small pieces.
- In a frying pan we put a little olive oil to heat to poach the onion and peppers. When they are almost poached, add the chopped asparagus, a little salt and a little black pepper and sauté together a few minutes more.
- We put the sautéed on a plate and reserve. We divide the potatoes in half and longitudinally, taking care that they are not destroyed.
- With the help of a spoon, empty the potatoes in the center, without reaching the skin, leaving part of the potatoes at the ends.
- What we have emptied of the potatoes we crush with the help of a fork until puree it. Add the sautéed vegetables to the puree and mix everything together to form a dough.
- With the help of a spoon we are filling the halves of potatoes that we had emptied. We place the stuffed potatoes in a dish or tray and before serving them we can heat them a bit either in the oven or in the microwave.
Potatoes to importance
The recipe of potatoes to the importance is a traditional recipe in the gastronomy of the Autonomous Community of Castilla y León.
It is a recipe that has become very popular in our cuisine and that is prepared in many regions. Also, simple to prepare and very tasty.
The potatoes are first coated in flour, then coated with beaten egg and fried. Once they are fried, they are cooked with onion, garlic and some saffron strands. In some recipes, in addition to cooking them with broth or water, they also add a little white wine.
- One kilo of potatoes
- 4 beaten eggs.
- Simple sifted wheat flour, to batter the potatoes.
- 2 garlic cloves without skin and minced.
- An onion without skin and cut or a scallion.
- 2 sprigs of minced parsley
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 8 little saffron beans
- A pinch of salt.
- 3 cups of broth or water.
- A sprig of minced parsley to sprinkle on top in the presentation.
- We remove the skin from the potatoes and wash them well. Cut the potatoes into slices of about 1 or 2 centimeters.
- We salt the potatoes, then we pass the potatoes first through the sifted flour and then through the beaten eggs.
- In a pan put to heat the oil. When it is hot, we fry the potatoes.
- Meanwhile, let's make a dough with the garlic, the parsley, the saffron threads and a pinch of salt. We reserved the chips on a tray.
- In a cauldron we put an oil dish to heat to poach the onion. When poached, add the mashed and stir well, cook about 3 minutes more.
- We add the fried potatoes to the cauldron together with the poached onion and the mashed. Then we water everything with the broth or water, stir a little and cook the potatoes with medium heat until it starts to boil.
- When it starts to boil, lower the heat to a minimum and cook the potatoes for 20 or 25 minutes. We put out the fire and put everything in a fountain or tray to take them to the table.
They are served hot with their sauce or broth, and with minced parsley on top.