Almond cake: recipe for a delicious and nutritious sweet
This recipe from almond cake It is a very easy recipe to make and it is very delicious. It is an ideal cake to enjoy both in snacks and in dessert.
The almonds we can eat them alone or including it in many recipes both of meals and pastry as is the case of this post.
Almonds are not only used in the culinary world, but also in the world of cosmetics almonds are very demanded to make body oils, in creams, in body gel, shampoo, in soaps.
In the pharmaceutical industry, almonds are used and in this case bitter almonds for the preparation of medicines.
Like most nuts, almonds are cardiosaludables so a few almonds daily comes in handy, they are ideal as an aperitif or as a snack.
Almonds are nuts that provide many beneficial properties for our body.
From the nutritional point of view, almonds provide us with:
- Vitamins of group B: B1, B2, B3, B6, B9,
- Vitamin E.
- Folic acid.
- Minerals: potassium, calcium, iron, phosphorus, magnesium, zinc.
The almond cake can be prepared with puff pastry already industrially prepared or made into a homemade puff pastry, everything will depend on the time available.
In our recipe we have made it with industrial puff pastry and we have been very rich. To cook the cake the ideal is to use a circular mold that we can unmold, they are very practical. A circular mold of about 22 centimeters or 24 centimeters would be ideal.
Almond cake recipe
- A sheet of puff pastry.
- Ground almonds and toasted.
- Laminated almonds
- 3 eggs.
- 150 grams of sugar.
- The grated skin of a small lemon.
- 3 tablespoons of milk
- A pinch of ground cinnamon.
- 3 nails.
- Butter to spread the bottom and walls of the mold.
- White sugar or luster sugar to decorate.
- Before starting we leave the puff pastry to thaw at room temperature. Once thawed, we put the oven to preheat.
- Preheat with a temperature of 180ºC for about 15 minutes. We spread the walls and the bottom of the mold with a little butter. We place the puff pastry inside the mold.
- We reserve to go preparing the almond paste. Toast the almonds a little bit and crush them well with the crusher or blender.
- In a bowl or bowl beat the eggs well, add the sugar, lemon zest, cinnamon, cloves, ground almonds and tablespoons of milk.
- Mix everything well and stir to form a cream.
- We put the almond cream inside the mold and spread it all over the base of the mold. We introduce the mold in the preheated oven.
- Cook the cake for about 30 minutes with a temperature of 180ºC. We will observe while it is cooking so that it does not burn too much the part of above.
- We will check if the dough is cooked by pricking with a toothpick, skewer or with the tip of a knife that should come out clean without debris.
- Once the cake is cooked, we remove it from the oven. Let it cool to room temperature before unmolding it.
When presenting it, we can decorate it with white sugar sprinkled on top with a colander or with icing sugar.
Images of Teresa Ortiz. ThemesCake recipes