Baked veal with carrot: Christmas recipe
At Christmas, large diners and dinners are common, usually in the company of our relatives and loved ones. And it is that the Christmas holidays become an excellent and wonderful opportunity to enjoy delicious dishes and exquisite recipes, with moments of talk and laughter.
During Christmas dinners, for example during Christmas Eve or even on New Year's Eve itself, meat dishes They have the particularity of being the most consumed. Although there are many varieties, the truth is that we can mention some more traditional and classic options, such as, for example, the case of Stuffed turkey or a simple and wonderful grilled chicken.
In this case the veal dishes also stand out at Christmas, especially the beef tenderloin(traditionally known in turn with the name of veal roll), which is baked and usually accompanied by patatitas, carrot, white wine and green beans; also, of course, other basic ingredients that help give a greater flavor and aroma to the recipe.
It will take you to prepare each one around 30 minutes, and to finish them about 30 minutes.
Baked veal recipe for Christmas
- 1.3 kg. of beef tenderloin
- 150 gr. sliced bacon
- 550 gr. of patatitas
- 250 gr. of green beans
- 350 gr. of carrots
- 2 onions
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 stalk of celery
- 1 dl of olive oil
- 2 dl of white wine
- Black pepper
Preparation of the baked beef:
- First of all we are going to start the oven and heat it to a temperature of 180ºC.
- Thoroughly clean the meat, leaving it completely and completely clean of grease.
- Wrap the beef with the slices of bacon and season to taste with a little salt and black pepper.
- Peel the cloves of garlic, and cut them into slices. Wash the celery and lick it too. Now add both rolled garlic and celery to the beef tenderloin.
- Peel the onions and carrots, cut them into large pieces and place them on the bottom of a special baking dish.
- Place the beef tenderloin over the onions and carrots and sprinkle with olive oil. Put the source in the oven and bake for 30 to 35 minutes. It is appropriate to turn the piece from time to time so that it is done uniformly, also sprinkling with white wine to taste and also with a little water (if necessary).
- Remove the tips of the green beans, cut them into strips and tie them in bunches with the help of kitchen threads. Put them to cook in a saucepan on the fire.
- When the meat is half cooked, peel the potatoes and cut them into slices, and place them in another dish. Season with salt and add olive oil.
- Grind the sauce of the roast with water and let it boil in a saucepan for 5 or 6 minutes.
- Finally serve the source of meat accompanied by potatoes, beans, cooked vegetables and sauce.