Burnout Syndrome or Burned Worker: what it is, symptoms, causes and treatment
The Burnout syndrome It is a type of work stress, which results in a physical and mental exhaustion that directly affects self-esteem and that has as a characteristic a loss of interest in their sense of responsibility and may in some cases reach deep depressions.
People who are in contact with the line of fire, or people who are in direct contact with the customer, call themselves call center or customer service.
The people who are most exposed to the bournout syndrome are: people who feel that their work is boring, flat; who have very little control over the activities they develop in their work, feel disoriented, as lost.
Symptoms of Burnout Syndrome
When people suffer from this syndrome tend to manifest a series of symptoms quite characteristic, although it is true that in many cases it is difficult to reach an accurate and accurate diagnosis.
When someone is affected by the burnout syndrome you manifest the following characteristics in your personality:
- He becomes cynical at work.
- He becomes impatient with clients and coworkers.
- He feels disillusioned and dissatisfied with his work.
- He suffers from insomnia and has nightmares about his work.
- It directly affects your habits: call yourself food, alcohol, et cetera.
- Begins to suffer severe headaches, waist, and so on.
Being affected by this disease logically brings negative consequences in health, depending on the severity of the syndrome can be more or less serious. The most common are the following: depression, anxiety, insomnia, fatigue, cardiovascular deterioration, high cholesterol, diabetes, obesity, ulcers, weight loss, allergy, asthma, et cetera.
How to face and overcome this syndrome
First of all and as we have commented in a previous note, the first thing to do is to recognize that one is manifesting and has a problem. Then take this problem and as a third step, and not last, ask and go to help a professional.
Next we will give you some tips to solve this issue:
- Identify what causes stress. Once identified, you can plan a guide to solve the problem.
- Tell your boss what the problem is and try to solve it as a team.
- Rescue the positive points of the activities you do at work and what you like most. Improve personal relationships with your co-workers. Beyond the work environment perform activities that reward him outside the workplace and propose to have times to rest physically and mentally.
- Seek help both inside and outside of work by talking with friends, professionals, and so on.
- Evaluate your interest and if you reach the point of deep analysis and realize that this job is not for you decide to take and look for an alternative job.
- The daily exercise call physical activity helps disconnect. This can be from walking in the square, riding a bicycle, swimming or doing any other physical activity that relaxes you.
- We can also include yoga, tai chi or any other alternative physical activity that positively renews our energy and helps us fight burnout for good.