Chocolate sponge cake and matcha tea: recipes to make at home
The one known as matcha tea, very popular in Japan, is gaining ground in countries like Spain by leaps and bounds. In general, matcha tea is a whole leaf of green tea that after a careful process of cultivation, harvesting and drying is ground to get a green powder: matcha tea.
Therefore, it is the best way to make the most of the benefits of green tea. Matcha tea helps in a remarkable way to reduce stress and cholesterol, as well as to burn fat and lower blood pressure. When you want to introduce matcha tea into your diet, the best way to do it is to add it to a chocolate sponge cake. They are, as you will see, other options to the traditional Matcha tea sponge cake, known in Japan with the name of Matcha Kasutera.
If you are as sweet as we are, it is quite likely that the recipes we offer below will delight you, especially if you also like any variety of tea, and especially - and particularly - the one known as Matcha tea.
It is, as you surely know, if you have already had the opportunity to try it, from a variety of Green Tea extremely special and delicate, with a mild, light and tremendously delicious taste, which in fact perfectly combines with almost any ingredient when used in the kitchen.
For this reason, for example, in Japan its use is common not only in the preparation of the popular drink, but in the preparation of other dishes and sweet recipes.
Chocolate sponge cake and matcha tea
The Matcha chocolate and tea sponge cake It is probably one of the most popular, classic and known. Do you dare to prepare it ?.
- 3 eggs
- 400 grams of sugar
- 250 grams of flour
- 180 grams of butter
- 40 grams of cocoa powder
- 15 grams of matcha powder tea
- 350 ml of milk
- A teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Two teaspoons of chemical yeast
- A little bit of salt
Recipe step by step
- First, prepare the dry ingredients. For this, in a glass bowl, 125 grams of flour are mixed with the cocoa powder, a pinch of salt and a teaspoon of chemical yeast. All the ingredients must be well mixed. Then, they reserve.
- In another glass bowl, 125 grams of flour are mixed with matcha tea, a pinch of salt and another teaspoon of chemical yeast. The mixture is reserved in the same bowl.
- In another glass bowl, this one a little bigger than those used for the two previous mixtures, butter and sugar are added. Beat for a couple of minutes until it is a very smooth and creamy paste.
- Next, the 3 eggs are added to the previous mixture; It must be done one by one and beating each time you add each of them. Then, the vanilla is added to the mixture.
- This mixture is divided into two equal parts and, each of them, is added to the mixtures of steps 1 and 2; the two bowls that were reserved. In addition, in each of them 175 ml of milk are added. Then, all ingredients are beaten so that they are integrated correctly.
- Once obtained both masses, chocolate and matcha tea, are placed in a mold, interspersed.
- The cake is baked in the oven previously heated at 180 ° C for 45 minutes. To know when it is ready, simply click it with a toothpick; If it comes out clean, it is that the cake is ready.
- It is removed from the oven, it is left to cool a little for 5 minutes, it is demoulded and served.
Also if you wish you can melt a little black chocolate, and once the cake is cold, place it on top of an oven rack and add the melted black chocolate on top. Once cold, it will be spectacular.
White chocolate marble sponge cake and matcha tea
The white chocolate sponge cake and matcha type marble tea It is also another delicious option when it comes to enjoying a nutritious and exquisite dessert. Do you dare to do it too? Too easy.
- 180 grams of flour
- 3 eggs
- 100 grams of white chocolate
- 120 grams of butter
- 150 grams of sugar teaspoon of chemical yeast
- 1 tablespoon matcha powder tea
- 1 pinch of salt
Recipe step by step
- First, beat the eggs together with the sugar for a couple of minutes, until its volume has doubled.
- Then melt the butter to mild.
- When it is melted, it is added to the mixture of the first step and then the flour, yeast and salt are incorporated. All the ingredients are mixed a couple of minutes.
- The white chocolate melts in the water bath.
- When ready, the dough is separated into two parts. To one of them is added the melted white chocolate and, to the other, matcha powder tea.
- Prepare a rectangular mold lined with baking paper and spread with a little butter so that the mixture does not stick.
- Both masses are added to the mold, interlacing with each other.
- The oven is preheated to 180 degrees and baked for 50 minutes. It is removed, it is left to temper 20 minutes, it is demoulded and served.