Christmas recipes without sugar, ideal for diabetics
Surely you have realized that the autumn has already settled in our lives. So we can check with these much colder temperatures that make us have to take a jacket to go out in the morning. It's a time of transition, where time flies by, because in just a few months we will have new Christmas knocking at our door.
And you know what this means, right? Well, we expect many meetings with friends and family around a table full of rich meats, seafood, fish accompanied by good champagne or cava We will end with a delicious dessert in the form of nougat, marzipan or a variety of shortcakes.
It is completely normal that during the Christmas period we overdo it a little and neglect our line a little. However, if you are diabetic or just want to enjoy a rich sweet without gaining those extra kilos, We have a solution for you. And is that through this article we will propose up to three recipes that contain zero sugar
Recipe of jijona nougat without sugar
Do you remember when in previous NatureVia post we told you about it? the traditional recipe of Jijona nougat? Well now we are going to propose something similar but without adding any sugar. Interesting, right ?.
If you want to try it, go pointing the following ingredients: 800 grams of ground almonds, a little cinnamon, half a kilo of fructose and lemon scrape. The process of elaboration is the simplest:
- Create a little syrup with fructose. To do this, you will use a little water that you will mix with this product in order to get this first ingredient.
- Cook the syrup in a saucepan over low heat. Then we will add the lemon zest together with a little cinnamon. After this, we must add the almonds little by little until a very homogeneous paste is obtained.
- We pour all this mixture in a mold. Finally, it will only be necessary to wait for six or seven hours outside to be perfectly solidified.
Recipe of sugar-free almond mantecados
We are going to continue with another recipe corresponding to a sweet that turns out to be the most characteristic at Christmas. On this occasion we refer to the mantecado, which we prepare with almonds so that you can enjoy all the benefits provided by almonds.
To make this recipe come true, you are going to need 60 grams of ground almonds, 200 grams of wholemeal flour, cinnamon powder, seeds of sesame and a little water. Once you get all this, you have to put "hands to work."
- Mix all the almonds, lemon zest and flour in the same bowl. For this, we will use only our hands to ensure that all the ingredients are well mixed together.
- We heat the oil a little in the fire (without getting it cold). Once it is very hot, we add it to the previous container where the previous mixture was. We have to get a very homogenous paste. If it is too dry we can add a little water.
- We are doing rounds with our hands. Then we can add a little sesame seeds as decoration. We are heating the oven to a temperature of 170º. When they are well browned, we will remove them and let them cool. We will store them in a dry place until they harden.
Recipe of sugar-free gingerbread cookies
We are very sure that the little ones will be delighted with this recipe ginger cookies without sugar. And the best part is that you can give it the shape you want at all times.
Although first of all, you are going to need 200 grams of margarine, two or three eggs, 200 grams of wholemeal flour, a spoonful of ginger powder and a little granulated stevia. Do you already have everything? Well, let's go to the mess:
- We beat the melted butter, stevia and eggs. All in the same bowl until you get a very homogeneous white mixture. We can also go heating the oven to a temperature of 180º.
- We add ginger, all the flour with a little baking soda. To get a pasta that we can mold to our whim and give it the shape we want. You can make the typical Christmas trees or puppets.
Once we have the figures, we will expand them on a special baking paper. We will bake them at a temperature of 180º for about twenty minutes. We take them out and let them cool a bit. And to enjoy! ThemesChristmas Christmas Recipes