Coenzyme Q10: what it is, properties and benefits
The coenzymes, as you surely know, they are practically indispensable molecules so that, in our organism, many enzymatic reactions are carried out correctly, helping our body to work not only correctly, but much more effectively.
But if there is a coenzyme about whose properties Y Benefits has been talking a lot in recent years, is the so-called coenzyme Q10, about which we talked to you a long time ago.
Coenzyme Q10 is a coenzyme that our body always gets from the diet we consume every day, thanks also to the transformation of other coenzymes. Not in vain, it becomes one of the most suitable and interesting food supplements.
Here we present the main benefits of coenzyme Q10, as well as its most important and important properties.
What is coenzyme Q10?
The Q10 is a coenzyme that has a series of properties aimed at producing energy while being a good cardiovascular advocate.
Coenzyme Q10 is considered a vitamin substance that is to say "Produces energy" that is current in our daily consumption of food, but that can also be produced by the body itself.
The energy obtained from coenzyme Q10 as mentioned in the previous paragraph, is obtained not only from the food we consume but also from the modification of other coenzymes.
What is it for? Its main functions
The main functions of the coenzymes Q10 are:
- Exercises antioxidant.
- Restores cell membranes
- It is an essential component for cellular respiration.
- Defend the LDL cholesterol.
- It helps delay the aging, therefore it is used in certain creams for the face, indicated especially for this purpose .
- Fortifies the blood vessels.
- As an antioxidant, it neutralizes free radicals that kill the cells.
An important fact about this vitamin substance is that it helps burn caloriessince the fat generated by the cells of the muscles are transformed into energy and this work is only produced by the coenzyme Q10.
The benefits of coenzyme Q10 They do not appear immediately, people who take advantage of their properties can get to notice improvement in two or three weeks and even months. The results will be more remarkable the greater the lack of this vitamin substance of the body.
Benefits and properties of coenzyme Q10
The latest scientific studies carried out in order to discover - and verify - what are the different benefits that a regular consumption of coenzyme Q10 offers to health, have inquired about the qualities of this in heart patients.
Thus, in the year 2017 a meta-analysis published in BMC Cardiovascular Disorders was carried out, in which it was found that those patients with heart failure who consumed coenzyme Q10 had a lower mortality, as well as a better capacity for exercise, compared to patients treated with placebo.
Exactly the same thing was investigated in a study carried out a year earlier, published in Pharmacological Reports in which different experts questioned whether this supplement would help positively in the treatment of heart failure.
In addition, it would also provide other interesting benefits for health. The most important are the following:
- It exerts a very important antioxidant activity, being ideal against the effects of aging and when eliminating free radicals (3).
- Helps in cellular respiration, while facilitating the restoration of cell membranes.
- Useful at the time of fortifying the blood vessels.
- It reduces high cholesterol.
- It helps to burn fat, so it is useful both to lose weight and lose weight.
In what foods can we find it?
Although nutritional supplements based on coenzyme Q10 have become very popular in recent years, especially because of the large number of people who have begun to consume them due, in part, to the diffusion that has been given to their different qualities and benefits , Did you know that we can also find it in a totally natural way in certain foods?
The truth is that we can find coenzyme Q10 in the following food groups:
- Meats:Free range chicken and beef meat fed with grass.
- Fish:Herring, trout, sardines, cuttlefish, tuna, haddock and mackerel.
- Vegetables and greens:Broccoli and cauliflower
- Fruits:Orange and strawberries.
- Nuts:Pistachios and nuts.
- Seeds: Sesame seeds.
- Lei L, Liu Y. Efficacy of coenzyme Q10 in patients with cardiac failure: a meta-analysis of clinical trials. BMC Cardiovasc Disord.2017 Jul 24; 17 (1): 196. doi: 10.1186 / s12872-017-0628-9.
- Jankowski J, Korzeniowska K, Cieślewicz A, Jabłecka A. Coenzyme Q10 - A new player in the treatment of heart failure ?. Pharmacol Rep. 2016 Oct; 68 (5): 1015-9. doi: 10.1016 / j.pharep.2016.05.012.
- Sarmiento A, Diaz-Castro J, Pulido-Moran M, Kajarabille N, Guisado R, Ochoa JJ. Coenzyme Q10 Supplementation and Exercise in Healthy Humans: A Systematic Review. Curr Drug Metab. 2016; 17 (4): 345-58. Review