Compote or applesauce: easy recipe to make
The puree Apple, also popularly known by the name of applesauce, is a delicious natural option to enjoy the flavor and nutritional properties of apples, opting on this occasion for a taste and for an obviously different texture.
It is ideal as solid food for babies from 6 months of age, when they begin to introduce the first fruits of the baby, among which not only is the apple, but also the banana and the pear.
These three fruits are ideal because in addition to being easy to digest they are very easy to assimilate, which together with their taste and pleasant texture become the preferred option for the smallest of the house.
The truth is the applesauce can be consumed only as breakfast or snack, accompany it with other foods such as yogurt, use it as an ingredient for the preparation of certain desserts (such as the case of puff pastry with custard and apples), or even as a companion for dishes meat, combining very well with ingredients such as pork or veal.
However, depending on the idea that we have when using the purée or applesauce, the ingredients to be used in the preparation of the recipe will be different, although in general its preparation does not require much science, it is very simple, and its versatility makes it a quick way to have a sweet puree that combines perfectly with a wide variety of dishes.
How to make an apple compote (basic recipe)
The choice of the apple variety is very important, since the result will be a sweeter or more acidic compote or puree. In our case we will use reinetas apples, which will give for a ration of 2 cups (or 2 people).
- 4 reinetas apples
- 5 tablespoons of brown sugar (you can substitute panela)
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Peel the apples, wash them well and remove the heart. Then cut them into rather small pieces.
- In a saucepan add the chopped apple, cinnamon stick, sugar or brown sugar and water. Put the fire and let the apple cook until the water breaks to boil, then lower the heat and put over medium heat.
- Now let the apple cook until it softens.
- Remove the cinnamon and, in case the texture is not the desired, beat the compote or pass it through a mill.
- Ready! If you want you can keep it in the fridge, stored in a boat.
Another recipe for delicious applesauce
Apple compote recipe for meats
This recipe that we propose now is ideal to accompany meats, since the slightly sweet taste of the puree and its texture combines equally well with meat dishes.
- 4 reinetas apples
- 1 glass of water
- 30 gr. of sugar (can be brown sugar or brown sugar)
- 1 tablespoon of sweet wine
- Peel the apples, wash them, remove the hearts and cut them into small squares.
- Put them in a saucepan with water, sugar and sweet wine.
- Cover the saucepan and let it cook over medium heat for 15 minutes.
- After that time the fire goes down and the apples soften.
- Finally pass the apples through the pastry or the blender.
- Ready! You can accompany them as garnish with your favorite meat.