Crunchy muesli with pumpkin and honey seeds. Delicious recipe
For breakfast, the best thing to do is opt for a bowl with cereals or a cup of coffee with milk and cookies. However, despite the fact that many people think they are healthy and nutritious options, the reality is quite different: most "breakfast" cereals sold in supermarkets contain very large amounts of sugars, while cookies have little or no ingredients. nothing healthy like hydrogenated vegetable oils (among which palm oil is found), and equally high amounts of sugar.
But did you know that there are healthy and nutritious options for our breakfast, that more than alternatives to cookies or breakfast cereals, should they become authentic options to provide our body with natural and quality foods ?.
Unlike what we believe, it has not been scientifically proven that breakfast is actually the most important meal of the day. However, it does become a marvelously excellent time to enjoy delicious and healthy dishes, rich in essential nutrients.
A good option is the case of muesli, A delicious mixture of cereals, seeds and dried fruits It provides an excellent amount of nutrients, among which we must mention vitamins, minerals, carbohydrates and natural fiber. But beware, it is not worth any muesli, since most of the mueslis found in supermarkets contain hydrogenated vegetable oils and sugar, converting an originally healthy food into a less recommended one from a nutritional point of view.
The best and most recommended? Prepare ourselves our muesli at home, which will undoubtedly give us different advantages and benefits. For example, we will know what foods we have used for their preparation, so that if we choose organic and quality food, we will have the security that we can enjoy a nutritious and healthy dish.
This time we will discover how to make a delicious crunchy muesli For the preparation of natural and healthy foods, such as oatmeal, pumpkin, sesame and sunflower seeds, and natural honey as a sweetener.
Crunchy muesli recipe
It will take about 5 minutes to prepare it, and about 30 minutes to bake it.
- 500 gr of oat flakes
- 100 g of pumpkin seeds (also known as pumpkin seeds)
- 50 gr of sunflower seeds (or sunflower seeds)
- 50 gr of sesame seeds
- 10 cl of extra virgin olive oil (you can use sunflower oil or pumpkin seeds)
- 130 ml of liquid honey
- Optional: a handful of raisins, dried coconut and nuts.
Elaboration of crispy muesli:
- Preheat the oven to 150ºC.
- Line two oven trays with special baking paper (it is important that it is non-stick to prevent the ingredients from sticking to it).
- In a large bowl put the oat flakes and all the seeds. Pour the honey and oil.
- Mix well a little and distribute the mixture carefully through the two baking trays.
- Put the trays in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Of course, it is essential that throughout the cooking remove the mixture 4 times, this way you will get the seeds and oatmeal are brown on all sides.
- When the seeds and oats have been completely baked remove them from the oven and let them cool.
- Finally, store the muesli in sealed glass jars.
Ready! We already have our crunchy muesli, made in just 45 minutes, and having the certainty that we have only used natural and healthy ingredients. You can enjoy it with a little bit of yogurt or milk, but also a applesauce it will be ideal.
There are also many delicious alternatives to prepare your muesli. For example, you can add nuts (such as almonds, walnuts or hazelnuts) and dried or dried fruits (such as the desired coconut, pieces of dried apricots or oats). You can even add delicious red fruits, although with pecan nuts is ideal. ThemesRecipes for breakfast