Euphrasia for the health of your eyes: benefits and how to make home eye drops
The Eyebright It is found among the species called medicinal plants because of the curative effect it exerts over various affections or ailments of all eyepieces. It is a plant used for a long time, and comes from Asia, Central Europe, and North America. Its scientific name is Euphrasia Officinalis and belongs to the family of Orobancaceas.
The properties of the Eyebright For the eyes they are anti-inflammatory, soothing and also used for eye-bathing eye baths. This plant is marketed as eye drops, and is indicated for tired, irritated eyes, dry eyes, itchy and watery eyes as a result of allergic rhinitis.
As we have indicated previously Euphrasia is advisable to use it for mild conditions such as those described, in case we have eyes with a lot of legaña, we should go to the doctor to rule out possible conjunctivitis.
Eufrasia can be obtained in herbalists, parapharmacy, pharmacies, and in different ways:
- In bags with leaves and Euphrasia flowers.
- In ready-made eye drops ready for use.
- In capsules.
- In tincture.
If you prefer to prepare a home eye drops of Eyebright totally natural you can prepare it by preparing a decoction of this plant.
How to prepare a homemade eye drop with Eufrasia
Before starting to prepare the eye drop we must take into account to conserve it in optimal conditions of hygiene that the glass jar that we are going to use to conserve the salve we must sterilize it previously.
Here we indicate the ingredients and the steps necessary for the development of this eye drop:
- 250 ml. of water.
- 10 gr. of Euphrasia plant.
We put the water to heat in a saucepan. When it starts to boil, keep boiling about 10 minutes. Add 20 grams of Euphrasia to the boiling water. Turn off and cover the saucepan until it is cold. Once cold, we strain the preparation. We store the eye drops in a sterile glass jar. We close the boat well.
The eye drops are ready to be used and we can keep them for two days. If you need to use more eye drops we must do it again to keep it fresh, so we make sure it keeps all its properties.
The eyes are very delicate and to take care of their health it is advisable to go at least once a year to the eye doctor to do a good vision review.
In addition to the visit to the eye doctor following these simple recommendations we will contribute to take care as much as possible the health of our eyes:
- Sleep enough hours for the eyes to rest.
- Take care of your diet
- Consume foods rich in vitamin A, C and B2, these vitamins are present in: vegetables, legumes, fruits.
- In your diet you should not miss the following foods that will help you take care of your eyesight: carrots, pumpkin, spinach, broccoli, green beans, grapes, blueberries, citrus, mango, melon.
- Do some exercises when you notice tired eyes: blink every 8 or 10 minutes, make eye changes, first with open eyes look up, down and in a circle, do the same with closed eyes.
Remember to keep sight and the health of our eyes is necessary to have quality of life. ThemesMedicinal plants