First aid kit at home
Have a first aid kit It is one of the best remedies when an accident occurs at home, since it is the first option we find in our home when it occurs.
At first-aid kit the usual thing is that we have medicines prescribed by our doctor, as well as other products that can be extremely useful in certain moments and circumstances.
But, yes, we must not forget to review the content of this first aid kit, at least once a year, and always throw those expired medications that should not be used.
But what should our first aid kit?.
Our first-aid kit at home
- Medicines: Such as acetaminophen (which has an analgesic and antipyretic action), aspirin (analgesic, anti-inflammatory and antipyretic) and ibuprofen (effective anti-inflammatory). It may also be useful to have an antacid and a stomach protector.
- Peroxide: It's much better than alcohol. It helps to disinfect and does not sting.
- Povidone iodine: It is antiseptic. It produces very few allergic reactions.
- Anti-inflammatory cream: Useful in case of bruises. Of course, it is only recommended in case of superficial injuries.
- Neutral soap: Helps to clean small wounds.
- Antiquematures: They are refreshing dressings that should be applied in mild cases.
- Sterile gauze: Tools to clean or to cover wounds.
- Band-aids and plasters: They are useful to protect wounds and avoid annoying rubbing or infections.
- Tweezers: Useful for extracting foreign bodies from wounds. They must be metallic and flat.
- Thermometer: They are ideal to know if we have a fever or not. It is better to buy digital.