Flax seeds: properties and benefits
There is no doubt that the levels of high cholesterol It can become a serious health problem, especially because it raises the cardiovascular risk of the person, especially when the levels of LDL cholesterol are high and the levels of HDL cholesterol They are lower than medically recommended.
This is due to LDL cholesterol is deposited in the arteries, so that increases coronary risk, while HDL cholesterol helps in its elimination. Hence, it is essential that HDL cholesterol is above the levels of bad cholesterol.
When it comes to cholesterol levels, total cholesterol should not exceed 200 mg / dl, while LDL cholesterol should not be higher than 130 mg / dl, and HDL cholesterol should not be below 35 mg / dl. in men and 40 mg / dl. in women.
Although a medical treatment adequate is the pursuit of a balanced diet based on a healthy diet and eliminating other habits such as alcohol or tobacco, we should not underestimate the properties of an equally healthy food that can be very useful for cholesterol: the flax seeds.
What are flax seeds?
The flax seeds they are especially rich seeds in both fiber like in Omega-3 fatty acids, so as is the case with soy lecithin, it is a recommended food for control cholesterol.
They can be consumed whole or ground, and their advantage is that we can find them in many supermarkets or large areas, thanks to their consumption has increased considerably in recent years.
Benefits of flaxseed or flax seeds
- Cholesterol at bayThanks to its high content of omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids, it is especially useful in case of high cholesterol, helping to control the high levels of fats in the blood.
- Glucose control: especially useful in the control of blood glucose.
- Good debugger: thanks to its fiber content it helps our body to be purified, eliminating those toxins that it accumulates and yet does not need.
- Ideal against constipation: thanks precisely to its high fiber content, helping to prevent or reduce constipation.
- It favors a good digestion: thanks above all to its content in digestive enzymes.
- Anticancer properties: its use is recommended in the prevention of certain cancers, such as breast, prostate or colon cancer.
Nutritional properties of flax seeds
- Rich in polyunsaturated fatty acids omega 3 (75%) and omega 6 (25%).
- Vitamins: vitamin E and vitamins of group B.
- Minerals: iodine, iron, zinc, magnesium, calcium, potassium, manganese, silicon, copper, nickel, phosphorus and chromium, among others.
- Rich in ideal enzymes for digestion.