Foods high in HDL or good cholesterol
The HDL cholesterol, also know as good cholesterol, it is considered as a healthy fat that helps especially that the so-called LDL cholesterol (or bad cholesterol) does not "stick" to the arteries and stagnate, which can lead to a narrowing that in turn increases the person's cardiovascular risk.
Unlike what many people may think, Cholesterol is essential for our body, given that it is necessary for cell formation or neuronal activity, of course, always in its proper measure.
So that the high cholesterol it becomes a real problem for health, which raises cardiovascular and coronary risk, among other disorders or related ailments.
But since HDL cholesterol is extremely beneficial in preventing LDL cholesterol from clogging the arteries, it is best to always keep in mind what the LDL cholesterol would be. normal values of HDL cholesterol, to try to keep it at those levels considered optimal.
Hence, it may be useful to know what the foods high in HDL cholesterol, that ultimately help increase the levels of good cholesterol in the blood.
Foods high in HDL cholesterol (or good cholesterol)
We must not forget that follow a healthy lifestyle, practicing physical exercise and avoiding harmful habits such as smoking or eating foods rich in saturated fats, help in itself not only to enjoy a healthy life, but to increase HDL cholesterol levels.
However, choose certain good cholesterol foods it is still much more useful and appropriate when you want to raise these levels.
Next we name you the most interesting -and useful- in this sense:
- Blue fish: they are especially rich in omega 3 acids, a polyunsaturated fat that helps reduce both cholesterol and lower high triglycerides.
- Nuts: consumed moderately (around 25 grams a day), help to take care of our heart while reducing cholesterol levels.
- Olive oil: it is one of the healthiest oils that exist, basic food of the Mediterranean diet. It is rich in polyunsaturated fatty acids that help take care of our cardiovascular system.
- Fruits: the avocado stands out above all, a food that, although caloric, is tremendously heart-healthy.
- Vegetables and greens: like broccoli and broccoli, which also provide essential nutrients for our body.
In addition to the indicated foods, we should not forget either the importance of foods rich in fiber, since they help to clean excess fat from our arteries.
Image | avlxyz This article is published for informational purposes only. You can not and should not replace the consultation with a Nutritionist. We advise you to consult your trusted Nutritionist. ThemesCholesterol