Gazpacho with red fruits: ideal for summer and rich in beta-carotene
The Gazpacho It is a very refreshing recipe to mitigate the summer heat. It consists of a type of preparation consisting of making a cold soup with raw vegetables (usually tomatoes, peppers, onions, cucumbers and garlic), vinegar and olive oil. It is ideal for the summer months because it is served fresh. While, depending on the use of more or less mature tomatoes their color varies from red to pale orange.
Its origin has traditionally been considered as a characteristic dish of the interior of Andalusia, a place where both olive oil and natural products from the garden are so abundant. In fact, many historians agree that we are faced with a dish dating from the time of al-Andalus, hence it is also popularly known as Andalusian gazpacho.
Did you know that it is also possible to make some varieties of gazpacho with other delicious foods? This time we offer you a delicious gazpacho with red berries. These small fruits are also known as Fruits of the forest, are rich in beta carotene, and antioxidants.
This recipe will not only help us to refresh and hydrate, it will also help to strengthen our body and slow down the aging of our body's cells.
How to make a gazpacho with red fruits
- 600 grams of strawberries.
- 100 grams of raspberries
- 3 ripe but firm tomatoes.
- One garlic clove.
- A splash of balsamic vinegar.
- 120 ml. of extra virgin olive oil.
- 200 ml. of water.
- A few leaves of fresh basil (about 4 leaves).
- A little coarse salt.
Steps to prepare the gazpacho with red fruits
Wash tomatoes, strawberries and raspberries well with plenty of cold water.
Remove the skin from the tomatoes, remove the seeds and cut into pieces.
We remove the rabbits to the strawberries and the raspberries.
In the glass of the blender we put the pieces of tomato, the strawberries, the raspberries, the garlic clove without skin and the water.
We operate the blender and grind everything well.
In a heater we put some water to boil to scald the basil leaves that we will add when the water is boiling and keep boiling only for a minute.
Add to the gazpacho shake the splash of vinegar, oil, salt, basil leaves drained and beat again.
We booked in the fridge to take it cold.
The benefits offered by this gazpacho with red fruits
- Refreshing and moisturizing: the red fruit gazpacho, when served cold, is an ideal option for those days when it is very hot, since it helps us to refresh our body internally. In addition, for its richness in water to be made with fresh vegetables, it is also ideal to naturally hydrate.
- Nutritional wealth: this gazpacho, like the traditional one, is a delicious drink or dish with a very high content of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants such as lycopene or beta-carotene.
- Very rich in antioxidants: being very rich in natural antioxidants, it is an excellent dish to reduce the negative action of free radicals. Therefore, it is useful to delay premature cellular aging.
Images | ISTOCKPHOTO / THINKSTOCK TopicsRecipes for summer