How to dry the raw seeds and how to toast them to consume them
There is no doubt that within a balanced and varied diet, so that it is complete, we must include a certain amount of healthy and natural foods, such as, for example, cereals, pulses, fruits, vegetables, fruits and vegetables. dried fruit and also the seeds.
As you surely know, especially if you consume them regularly and on a regular basis, the seeds are an indispensable nutritious food within a balanced diet, since they contain in their interior a stored nutritional source with which to allow the birth of new plants in case of giving the necessary conditions for it.
Among its most important benefits we can mention its incredible nutritional wealth, whose essential nutrients include vitamin E (an antioxidant vitamin useful for the prevention of cancer and diseases and conditions directly related to aging), healthy fats and easily assimilated proteins.
They are also suitable for reducing high levels of both cholesterol and triglycerides in the blood, are tremendously energetic and help us to strengthen our immune system, increasing the defenses naturally.
At present we can find ourselves in the market with a wide diversity of seeds and toasted. But the most appropriate is to acquire the raw seeds, then proceed to its washing and drying at home. Why? Fundamentally because if we buy them already toasted we do not know if they have remained in sacks for a long time, where there is dust ... If we choose raw seeds we know almost certainly that they have been quickly packed, after obtaining them.
Useful tips for drying and roasting raw seeds step by step
The process of cleaning and drying the raw seeds (as is the case, for example, of the wonderful ones Sesame seeds It is very simple. In fact, you only need to know what steps to follow at the beginning when you do it for the first time, since then it will be extremely easy and fast:
- Those seeds that you want to toast place them in a wide tray, removing those that you observe that are in bad condition and eliminating grit and pebbles.
- Add them in a colander and pass them through cold water to clean them thoroughly. Then drain them.
- Heat a pan without adding oil and when it is hot add the wet raw seeds and stir constantly with the help of a wooden spoon.
- If you notice that the seeds begin to jump as a result of heat it is advisable that you reduce the temperature.
- When the seeds have acquired a light brown tone and you notice that they are looser and drier, it is time to place them in a flat plate to cool them.
You can do this process with seeds like sunflower, sesame and pumpkin. If you wish, you can keep them in an airtight container. Moreover, they are perfectly preserved for 2 or 3 weeks.
And at the time of consuming them?
During this time of conservation the seeds can be consumed perfectly, keeping all their essential nutrients, and all their benefits and properties. Of course, after the drying and roasting process, and before consumption, it is advisable to grind them lightly helping you with a mortar or a coffee grinder.
In this way you will get your organism to absorb almost completely its great nutritional value. ThemesCooking tricks