How to eat fiber if it is the first and tricks to eat more
There is no doubt that the fiber It is an essential nutritional component within a healthy diet, since it is fundamental at the time of prevent a variety of disorders and diseases, among which are some more serious diseases such as for example is the case of the benefits of fiber to prevent colon cancer, a malignant tumor that is curable in 90% of cases if it is detected in time and in the that following a diet rich in fiber helps to prevent it easily by exercising a protective effect.
The benefits of fiber do not end here, since it is particularly useful in the prevention of other disorders and health problems, as for example is the case of constipation, being adequate not only in its prevention but in its reduction and even cure, at the same time that improves intestinal transit effectively. On the other hand, we can not forget other equally interesting nutritional qualities, such as: it helps control cholesterol levels and blood sugar, in addition to reducing the risk of hemorrhoids or piles.
In regard to the recommended daily amounts of fiber, we must first take into account that It is not appropriate to exceed the consumption of foods with fiber, given that in case of eating more of the recommended amount far from being beneficial to our health can be counterproductive. In this sense, many nutritionists advise consume between 25 to 30 grams of fiber per day. And even more, the most advisable thing is to try to add it to our diet progressively, little by little. Why?.
Why should we add fiber to our diet little by little?
Fundamentally we should add high-fiber foods to our diet progressively because if we did not do so digestive discomfort would appear related to the introduction of a greater amount of fiber, especially if we do not usually eat this type of food with some regularity.
Among these digestive discomforts that can arise if we consume foods rich in fiber without being accustomed or even exceeding in their consumption, the flatulence and gas, abdominal cramps and diarrhea. Also, as many nutritionists say, It can also decrease the absorption of certain nutrients by our body, as would be the case of minerals such as magnesium, iron, zinc and calcium.
Of course, if you have already suffered any of these symptoms you should not worry because it is absolutely normal. In fact, as soon as the natural bacteria present in our digestive system "get used" to the consumption of more fiber in your diet, these discomforts will tend to disappear.
How to eat more fiber in a progressive way?
Since the key is to try to add fiber to our diet progressively, little by little, you can opt for some of the following guidelines:
- At breakfast: includes some cereal rich in fiber. Currently you can find many whole grains in the market. However, you must choose only those that are truly integral and to which sugar has not been added.
- In the food: you can alternate between bread, rice and normal and integral pasta. You can also add grains, seeds and dried fruits to your salads.
- Between meals: You can include 3 or 4 pieces of fresh fruit with skin in your diet.
- A week: you can not miss at least two servings per week of legumes. It is advised on this occasion to drink more water and liquids.
As we see, actually add fiber to our diet will bring incredible benefits to our health, but as long as we do it gradually and progressively, especially if we are not used to eating foods high in fiber every day.
Some tricks to eat more fiber in your daily diet
Consume more fiber is one of the fundamental solutions that exist against constipation, opting in our daily diet for fruits, vegetables and greens, and whole grains and bread.
We propose a series of tricks to consume fiber that will be of great help to you:
- Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Always try to eat fruit, especially the richest in fiber, such as oranges, kiwi, plum or figs.
- If you can not avoid consuming sweets and cookies, always opt for its integral variety. Although at the beginning it may cost you a bit to make your taste, you will like them much more.
- The salad can not be missing in the daily diet, like the vegetable. As far as the salad is concerned, it is more advisable to consume the raw vegetables, taking advantage of their fiber.
- The nuts are also ideal against constipation, since they act on the digestive process, favoring that the intestine is emptied better. opt for peanuts and almonds.
- Do not forget to consume the liquid that our body needs every day to be able to function correctly.
Images | ISTOCKPHOTO / THINKSTOCK This article is published for informational purposes only. You can not and should not replace the consultation with a Nutritionist. We advise you to consult your trusted Nutritionist. ThemesFiber