How to eat more fruit? Quick recipes and useful tips
It is estimated that, in our country, it does not reach 50% of the consumption of fruit recommended by the World Health Organization, which, as recommended by many experts, must be a minimum of 400 grams daily (or, what It's the same, about 3 pieces).
And is that as we saw in a previous article, there is no doubt the importance of eating fruit, since they are extremely healthy and healthy foods that, among other aspects, provide us with vitamins, minerals and fiber. But, nevertheless, many people obviate many of the benefits they offer us because, in theory, it "costs" them a lot to peel it and eat the recommended daily amount.
For this reason, it may be useful to ask ourselves: how to eat more fruit? How to increase the consumption of fruit every day ?. The truth is that it is really simple and easy, we just need to have a little more desire and know how to take advantage of them even in a wide variety of recipes, especially if what we do not want is to eat them alone.
Useful tips to eat more fruit daily
If you are one of the many people that cost them eat more fruit every day, it might be interesting to know some tips or guidelines that will help you in this regard:
- Take your mind off the idea that you're sorry to peel the fruit. You also do it with potatoes and not stop eating them, right?
- If you spend more time outside than at home, choose to take the fruit in your bag. And do not think that it will be uncomfortable because you will get dirty, there are many fruits that can be eaten with skin, and that in fact, thanks to that, they increase the amount of nutrients they have. The apple is a good example.
- Include fruit in your breakfast cereals, and increase your consumption at each meal.
- If you eat out, restaurants also have fruit for dessert, did you know? A good idea is to change your ice cream or chocolate mousse daily for two pieces of fresh fruit. It is even likely that on your menu you can find options with fruit, such as delicious fruit salads.
- A good idea is to add fruit to your salads. The apple or kiwi is ideal, although you can also choose a different seasonal fruit every day: pear, figs, melon ...
- Replace the snacks or treats with a piece of fruit. This is even more important in the diet of your children, where the consumption of fruits, vegetables, and vegetables is fundamental.
Some quick recipes to eat more fruit
We propose below a series of quick recipes with which you can prepare a delicious and delicious dessert with fruits, as nutritious as beneficial and healthy. Take note:
1. Fast Fruit Macedonia
- Ingredients:2 apples, 1 kiwi, 2 pears, 1 banana, 3 oranges, 1/2 kg of strawberries, 3 tablespoons of panela or brown sugar.
- preparation:Peel all the fruits except 1 oranges, which we will use later to prepare a delicious juice. Cut the apples, the kiwi, the banana, the strawberries and the orange into small pieces. Then cut the orange you have reserved in half and squeeze it. Place the pieces of fruit in bowls or glass cups, pour the orange juice over it, and finish adding the brown sugar or brown sugar on top.
2. Yogurt with fruit and oats
- Ingredients:1 natural yogurt, 1/2 small papaya, 2 figs or a handful of red fruits and 2 tablespoons of fine oat flakes.
- preparation:Pour the yogurt in a glass bowl. Peel the papaya, cut it and cut it into pieces. If you use the figs, simply wash them, remove their top and cut them in half. To finish, pour the oat flakes on top. If you want to sweeten, you can add a little honey on top.
3. Apple roasted with cinnamon
- Ingredients:3 large apples, ground cinnamon, 3 tablespoons of brown sugar or sugar, water.
- preparation:Wash apples well and remove their hearts. Place them inside a large saucepan. Add the panela or brown sugar on top and sprinkle with ground cinnamon. Add two fingers of water and simmer for at least 40 minutes. Turn off the fire when they are soft, serve and let them cool a bit.
And, just as it shows, information recently published by the World Health Organization: Sufficient consumption of fruits and vegetables could save up to 2.7 million lives each year.
Images of Istockphoto.
To learn more / What does the WHO say about fruit consumption? This article is published for informational purposes only. You can not and should not replace the consultation with a Nutritionist. We advise you to consult your trusted Nutritionist. ThemesFruits