How to improve the symptoms of hiatal hernia naturally
Hiatus hernia is a digestive disorder, which occurs when a portion of the upper part of the stomach ascends to the thorax, by a small opening that is in the diaphragm.
When this happens gastric contents can easily pass into the esophagus, causing most of its most typical and common symptoms and discomforts. It is estimated that this disorder affects one in five people in adulthood, and although anyone can have a hiatus hernia at any age, it is more common to have a hiatus hernia from 50 years.
There are times when the hiatus hernia does not show symptoms, or does not hurt, but at other times it may present pain or discomfort and be accompanied by some symptoms such as acid reflux, burning sensation, nausea, chest pain or pressure, throat discomfort, throat irritation, hoarseness, rashes, and difficulty swallowing, asthma, and shortness of breath as a consequence of the aspiration of the acid to the respiratory tract.
Reduce the symptoms or discomfort that hiatal hernia causes is possible by changing some eating habits and also with the help of some natural remedies.
Tips to reduce symptoms of hiatal hernia
It is important to avoid obesity and overweight as it increases the pressure on the abdomen and the chances of suffering from a hiatus hernia increase.
We must avoid too spicy foods, heavy meals, heavy meals, avoid excess consumption of animal fats, chocolate, coffee, alcoholic beverages and tobacco.
Other situations that can cause an increase in intra-abdominal pressure, pregnancy, work with physical effort and some physical exercises.
We must carry out a light, healthy and balanced diet in which we reduce the consumption of fats. The following tips are also useful:
- We should make light meals, in small portions and frequently, divided into five meals a day.
- Eat slowly and chew food well.
- Avoid excess consumption of animal fats, sausages,
- Avoid foods rich in saturated fats, and industrial pastries.
- Both milk and yogurt or cheese that are skimmed and 0% fat.
- Eat vegetables in the form of salads, purées or vegetable creams, vegetable juices, broths.
- Accompany the meat and fish dishes with vegetables, and also alternate with rice, potatoes or pasta.
- Avoid the fried ones.
- Choose to cook food more healthily, steamed, grilled, baked, boiled.
- Eat whole foods rich in fiber that will help us promote good intestinal transit: brown rice, whole wheat pasta, whole wheat bread,
- The fruits that best come for hiatal hernia are papaya, banana, and apple.
- We will dress the salads and cook with olive oil.
- Avoid sauces.
- Walking after meals will favor us when it comes to digestion.
- Avoid lying down finished eating, we must wait at least two hours.
Natural remedies to relieve hiatal hernia
Infusion of chamomile and licorice for acidity or burning
In case of suffering from hypertension we should not consume licorice, we can resort to other medicinal plants.
To prepare this infusion we need half a teaspoon of chamomile flowers, half a teaspoon of licorice and a cup of mineral water.
We put the water in a heater to the fire.
When it starts to boil, add the herbs.
Remove from heat, cover the infusion and let it rest for 10 minutes.
We fill the infusion and when it is warm we can take it.
We will take this infusion after meals.
Infusion of chamomile and marshmallow for burning and hypertensive people
We will prepare this infusion with half a teaspoon of chamomile flowers, half a teaspoon of marshmallow and a cup of mineral water.
We put the water on the fire to boil.
Once it boils we add the herbs.
Remove from heat, cover and let stand the infusion for 10 minutes.
We colamos and when it is warm we can take it.
It is advisable to take it after meals.
Infusion of fresh basil
The basil helps us to favor digestion and relieves in case of burning.
To prepare this infusion we only need a handful of fresh daughters of basil 10 or 15 grams and a liter of mineral water.
We bring the water to a boil and once it starts to boil add the basil leaves.
Remove from heat and let stand 15 minutes.
We fill the infusion and once it is warm we can take it.
We will take this infusion after meals.
We can drink 3 cups a day. This article is published for informational purposes only. It can not and should not replace the consultation with a Physician.We advise you to consult your Trusted Doctor. ThemesGastrointestinal disorders