How to make a cereal bread: simple recipe
Create your own breads At home it is easier and easier than you think, especially if you know the steps to follow for its preparation, and above all you have some patience and practice. And is that although the preparation of bread has no secret, it does require some experience so that the result is as expected.
Unlike what you think, bread is a nutritious and delicious option, rich in essential nutrients and generally low in fat, which perfectly complements our daily diet.
However, we must look carefully at the bread we consume since it is not the same to opt for a common bread(from the elaborated whole life, the most traditional and basic) or by a cereal bread that for a White bread, much less advised from a nutritional point of view, for its high content of simple carbohydrates.
In the particular case of cereal bread, is a bread made with a wonderful mixture of different cereals, among which we can mention cereals as varied as wheat germ, oats, bulgur or millet. Is extremely rich in fiber and very complete, because although it contributes more calories than white bread, its nutritive contribution and digestibility is much better.
Cereal bread recipe
It will take you about 1 hour to prepare it, and about 45 minutes to bake it.
- 185 gr of flour
- 125 gr of wholemeal flour
- 1 tablespoon of bakery flour
- 1 pack baker's yeast
- 50 gr of bulgur
- 3 tablespoons of millet
- 60 gr of oat flakes
- 2 tablespoons of wheat germ
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 2 teaspoons of butter
- 1 drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
How to make cereal bread:
- In a large bowl put the normal flour and bakery flour. It also adds yeast and reserve.
- Put a glass of water in a saucepan and let it boil. Meanwhile, in another bowl put the bulgur and millet. Add the boiling water and let it sit for 10 minutes. After this time drained the cereal and reserve well.
- In another saucepan put another 1 and a half glass of water, butter, honey and a pinch of salt. Heat the heat until the butter is melted. Just at this time add it to the flour mixture and knead everything with the help of a mixer, at low speed for 1 minute. Then bat at high speed for 5 minutes.
- Add the bulgur mixture, whole wheat flour, wheat germ, oatmeal flakes and leftover flour.
- Put on a work surface enough flour to work the dough, and work it well for 10 minutes (in this way you will make it more consistent and elastic).
- Spread a bowl with oil, put the dough and let it sit at room temperature, until you notice that it has doubled in size.
- Flour the work surface again and crush the dough again. Return it to work a little more. Let it rest and cover for 10 more minutes.
- Prepare an ideal mold for bread mold, anointing it with oil. Give the dough the shape of bread and insert it into the mold. Cover it with a clean cloth and let it sit for 30 minutes, so that the dough grows.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 190ºC.
- Then put in the oven and bake for 40 minutes. But the last 10 minutes cover the bread with aluminum foil to avoid burning.
- To finish, remove from the mold carefully not to burn and let it cool on a rack.