How to make a moisturizer with coconut oil
If you tend to take care of your skin usually it is quite possible that you know that, at present, it is possible to find in the market a great diversity of moisturizing creams elaborated and conceived in definite for the treatment, hydration and care of the different types of skins. But the truth is that more and more people prefer to opt for natural creams, prepared with 100 percent natural ingredients.
This is an important and unique option, because if we opt for natural moisturizers we make sure that we will not have the risk of suffering side effects, since not containing chemical compounds tend to be much more respectful products with our skin.
Among those natural products, there is no doubt that coconut oil, a semi-solid vegetable oil of almost identical appearance to that which could present a common cream, which solidifies at room temperature and which is made from dried coconut meat, which is pressed. It presents an appearance that is white in solid state, which when it is in liquid state tends to be rather transparent, somewhat yellowish.
What are the benefits of coconut oil for the skin?
Although some time ago we proposed you make a toothpaste with coconut oil, for its incredible natural qualities for the care and cleaning of teeth and gums, the truth is that it also becomes a wonderful natural product when applied to the skin. We summarize below its most important properties:
- Help clean the skin: Coconut oil acts as an excellent cleansing agent, completely natural.
- Moisturizing actionhelps to hydrate the skin naturally, an ideal benefit especially in case of dry skin.
- Very rich in fatty acids: these fatty acids help to restore the pH of the skin, besides being one of the necessary compounds for its moisturizing and nourishing action.
- Antimicrobial and antibiotic properties: It is useful to help prevent or treat the most common skin infections. In addition, it is suitable in case of atopic dermatitis or psoriasis.
- Rich in lauric acid: which helps the cellular restructuring of the skin, protecting it.
- Provides softness: thanks not only to its content in fatty acids, but also in lauric acid.
- Ideal for sensitive skin: in addition to providing unique hydration for dry skin, it is also very interesting if you have very sensitive skin, by preventing irritated skin.
Recipe to make a coconut oil cream to moisturize the skin
To make this cream you need ¾ of coconut oil and ¼ of cocoa butter.
Preparation of coconut oil moisturizer
Making this cream with coconut oil and cocoa butter is really very simple. To do this you just have to put the two ingredients in a saucepan and heat until they melt, stirring with a wooden spoon to mix thoroughly. Once melted and mixed, reserve in a container in the refrigerator (this way it will acquire a rather creamy texture).
Then, when applying it, you just have to put some of this cream on your fingers and put it on clean skin with gentle circular movements.
Main uses of coconut oil cream
Although this cream is useful to apply on the skin, as a way to enjoy the different qualities that coconut oil and cocoa butter offer, it is actually also suitable for:
- Remove makeup: helps to eliminate the mask in the eyes and other makeup products. In addition, it is ideal for cleaning the skin deeply.
- Attenuate stretch marks: if you have stretch marks this cream is very useful to stimulate the regeneration of the skin, being suitable both for its treatment and for its prevention.
- Treat chapped lips: if you have cracks in the lips, or are very dry, you can apply some of this cream of coconut oil in the same way as if it were a balm.
Images | Meal Makeover Moms / Mattie Hagedorn / iStock