How to make a perfect fluffy chocolate mousse
If there is a dessert that is generally creamy and fluffy, with a curious texture and tiny bubbles, and that is traditionally made with chocolate, it is quite possible that the first one that comes to mind is the mousse, one of the most traditional and typical desserts of French gastronomy that has reached as many other countries and that many people like so much.
It is indeed a dessert of French origin, which is made with egg white mounted on snow (as a kind of merengue), which is precisely what gives it its characteristically spongy consistency, and its texture with small bubbles. It is also possible to elaborate it with whipped cream, although usually the most commonly used recipe is egg white.
But we must bear in mind that this characteristic texture is due precisely to the clear shakes to the point of snow and its correct mixture with the base cream from which it is split, and that would eventually form the mousse in itself.
Due to its texture it also popularly receives the name of foam, being before an exquisite dessert that, well elaborated, stands out for its appetizing appearance that when taking the first spoon gives us the possibility of distinguishing its soft and spongy texture.
Some tricks to consider before making a chocolate mousse
Believe it or not, if you want to make a perfectly fluffy chocolate mousse it is necessary to take into account a series of tricks or basic ideas that will help you achieve the expected result.
Take good note:
- Use good quality dark chocolate: not only in the chocolate mousse, but before the preparation of any dessert, it is best to always opt for good quality chocolate with a minimum of 70% cocoa, so that it is as pure as possible.
- Avoid sugar: chocolate, even if it is black, already has enough sweetness for itself so as not to commit the clumsiness of adding sugar. Therefore, avoid sugar whenever you go to make a chocolate mousse.
- Add a pinch of salt: Although it seems difficult to understand, adding a pinch of salt to the chocolate mousse will allow you to enjoy even more the chocolate flavor, becoming a bit more intense flavor.
Perfect chocolate mousse recipe
We are going to learn how to make a perfect chocolate mousse. For this we propose ingredients for 4 people. On the other hand, it will take 30 minutes to prepare it and 3 hours in total to complete it; and it has 355 calories per cup. On this occasion we will choose to use cream instead of egg white. You will see the perfect result for yourself.
- 200 gr. of chocolate 70% minimum cocoa
- 100 ml. of cream 35% MG + 200 ml. of cream semimontada 35% MG
- A pinch of salt flakes
Preparation of the perfect chocolate mousse:
- First, grate the chocolate and save it. Then put in a 100 ml bucket. of cream and heat until it reaches the boiling point. Remove from heat and still warm add grated dark chocolate. Remove with a wooden spoon until the chocolate is melted and perfectly shiny. Add a pinch of salt in flakes and mix again. Allow the molten chocolate to aerate and reach a temperature of at least 35º.
- Meanwhile, beat the rest of the cold cream until you get a semi-matured texture (that is, avoiding that it is completely assembled in order to achieve the fluffiness we are looking for). Reserve in the refrigerator.
- When the melted chocolate reaches the indicated temperature, add three tablespoons of the semi-matured cream and with the help of a spatula stir gently, gently, always with enveloping movements until no colored lines are formed. Once this is achieved, add the rest of the chocolate and stir again gently.
- It is the ideal moment to pour the mousse in glasses or in the place where you are going to serve it.
- Put the chocolate mousse in the freezer and reserve for 3 hours. Then keep it in the refrigerator until the moment you go to serve it.