How to make a vegetable broth for flu and cold
There is no doubt that there is nothing healthier and healthier than a good vegetable broth, since they are made with fresh and natural ingredients that provide our body with a great diversity of essential nutrients. For example, we can prepare a delicious depurative broth if our goal is to cleanse our body and eliminate the different toxins that have accumulated in it. But especially in the coldest months of the year, as it is during the autumn and winter, there is no doubt that the vegetable broth They provide many more benefits and properties, besides being extremely interesting for helping us to calm the cold and be useful to warm up more easily. And, who does not want an excellent vegetable broth on cold days?
When we have a cold or aggravated, a natural option that provides interesting healing benefits and medicinal properties is a vegetable broth elaborated with Vegetables that help us strengthen our defenses. Among these natural foods we can mention: garlic, onion, carrot, leek and celery. All of them are very rich in essential nutrients that provide vitamins, minerals and other nutrients especially recommended when we are sick.
Recipe for vegetable broth for colds and flu
To make this delicious vegetable broth you need the following ingredients:
- 2 large onions
- 3 garlic cloves
- 450 gr. of celery
- 450 gr. of carrots
- 1 broccoli
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 1 laurel leaf
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 3.5 liters of water
Steps to make vegetable broth for colds and flu:
- In a large pot put a little olive oil. Peel the onions and crush them and add them to the pot.
- Also chop the celery, peel the carrots and cut them, the cloves of garlic and add to the pot. Also add the laurel leaf.
- Add the broccoli and incorporate the water. Increase the heat and cover the pot.
- Cook for an hour, watching from time to time to prevent water from spilling if it boils too much.
- Add a pinch of salt and after the hour leaves the pot on the fire but without the lid for 30 minutes more.
- Strain the broth, serve and drink.
What are its benefits and properties?
The vegetable broth will provide you with the following benefits:
- It is an excellent diuretic and a wonderful depurative.
- Useful to eliminate toxins and purify our body naturally.
- Strengthens the immune system, helping to strengthen the defenses.
- Very rich in essential nutrients, including vitamins of group B and vitamin C.
Images | jasleen_kaur / Pattie TopicsFlu