How to make chestnut milk
The chestnuts They are delicious dried fruits, which stand out precisely for being one of the characteristic foods of autumn, along with other natural products that we can also enjoy in this beautiful time of year, as is the case of mushrooms or the figs. It is common to see many families in this season who enjoy a field day picking chestnuts, either to eat them raw (although remember to chew them a lot, since they do not tend to be very digestive), roast them or use them in delicious dessert recipes.
Although it tends to be less common than other varieties of vegetable milks, and in fact it is not usual to use chestnuts for their preparation, the truth is that from them we can make a wonderful chestnut milk (or what is the same, a delicious vegetable drink of chestnuts).
It is less well known than other vegetable drinks such as soy milk, rice milk or oat milk, but it can not turn into a wonderful vegetable drink with interesting qualities and benefits.
How to make chestnut drink
What do you need? Ingredients:
- 1 cup of chestnuts (peeled)
- 4 cups of water
- 1 pinch of salt
- Honey or whole cane sugar
Steps to make chestnut milk:
- Leave the chestnuts soaked in water.
- Grate the chestnuts in a saucepan.
- Meanwhile, heat the water.
- When the water is hot, add the chestnuts and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Go through a beater and then strain with the help of a cloth of fine cloth.
- Now join the liquid preparation and the chestnut puree that remained in the cloth when we put them together. Lists!
- If you want you can sweeten to taste.
This drink can be drunk cold or hot. You can even add a little of this drink to coffee. ThemesVegetable drink