How to make cucumber water
In recent years, thanks to its quality as a slimming beverage, the cucumber water It has become a very popular drink, not only because of its ease of preparation but because of the great diversity of benefits and properties it brings to our health. As you surely know, the cucumber It is a vegetable with an excellent refreshing power, hence it becomes one of the main ingredients -and of choice- in the preparation of salads to enjoy during the summer months.
However, its use is not only found in the kitchen, since it is also very common in the preparation of the popular cucumber face mask, thanks to its nutritional and moisturizing qualities. In fact, it is used habitually and naturally in the treatment of dark circles and bags that appear under the eyes, especially for its richness in B vitamins and vitamin C.
Most important benefits of cucumber water
The cucumber water It becomes a natural beverage very easy to make, which provides interesting health benefits. Among its most important properties we can mention:
- Alkalizing drink: which means that it helps to balance the pH of our body, so that with a regular consumption of this drink we achieve an ideal alkaline state, which is why we tend to get sick less.
- Very rich in essential nutrients: Cucumber water provides vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin K, potassium, calcium and iron.
- Provides interesting amounts of antioxidants: Cucumber water is rich in natural antioxidants, so it helps reduce and neutralize the negative effects of free radicals.
- Depurative, diuretic and detoxifying: helps eliminate toxins and purify our body naturally.
- It helps you lose weight: thanks to its purifying wealth and its diuretic power.
How to make cucumber water at home
Ingredients, what do you need ?:
- 1 large cucumber
- Half lemon
- 1.5 liters of water
Steps to make cucumber water:
- Wash both cucumber and lemon well in cold water.
- Peel the cucumber, removing its skin with the help of a knife.
- You can reserve some slices of cucumber. The rest pass it by the blender to extract all its juice.
- Put the water in a jug and add the cucumber juice. Mix well with the help of a wooden spoon.
- Split the lemon in half, squeeze it and add the lemon juice to the drink.
- Reserve in the fridge.
If you wish you can add the slices of cucumber that you cut and reserved earlier to the jar. You can also reserve some slices of lemon and add them equally.
You can drink this drink throughout the day, in several glasses to refresh yourself in the moments that you need it most. It can even become a great substitute for sugary and unhealthy sodas.
Images | iStock