How to make gelatin in fruit house (with pieces of fruit)
If there is a nutritious and tasty dessert, tremendously easy to prepare and also like the little ones in the house, there is no doubt that the jelly It is one of the most popular, due to its versatility and neutral flavor, which can be made with juices and pieces of fruit that help to add flavor.
Its nutritional richness is found in its high protein content, thanks to the fact that collagen protein, the most important scleroprotein in our body and comprising a chain of proteins of around 1050 amino acids, is used for its elaboration.
Gelatin, precisely, is obtained from the cooking of the connective tissues of certain animals, such as bones, cartilage, minerals and collagen. What causes it to be a dessert avoided by vegans and vegetarians. In this sense, it is possible to choose prepare vegetable gelatin, made with agar agar.
This time we will learn how to make a delicious gelatin, easily and simply. Although it is a basic recipe, the truth is that you can actually replace the fruit juice with whatever you like:
Ingredients you need:
- 3 sheets of gelatin + water
- 1 glass of fruit juice
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
Preparation of gelatin at home:
- Put water in a bowl, add the gelatine leaves until they are covered, taking care not to break them, and let them soak for 10 minutes.
- While the gelatine leaves are softened put the fruit juice you have chosen in a saucepan, add the sugar and put it to heat in the fire. When it starts to boil, remove it from the heat and reserve.
- Once the gelatine has softened, drain it carefully and add them to the saucepan.
- Now stir with the help of a wooden spoon so that the gelatin leaves dissolve.
- Divide the mixture in two glasses and let them cool. Then, once cold, put the glasses in the fridge to gel.
And how to make jelly with whole pieces of fruit?
If what you want is to enjoy a gelatin made with pieces of whole fruit, instead of fruit juice, then we explain the steps to make it easily at home. We use apricots for their preparation:
- 350 g of apricots cut in half (and boned)
- 3 dl of water + 4 tablespoons of water
- 1 crust of chopped orange very fine
- 1 tablespoon of gelatin powder
- 1/2 glass of orange juice
- 50 g of sugar
- 1 egg white
Production of gelatin with whole pieces of fruit:
- Rinse the jelly mold with cold water and put it in the refrigerator for a few minutes to make it cold.
- Put the apricots in a saucepan with 3 dl of water and orange well chopped. Cover and let simmer for 10 minutes. Then let cool slightly.
- While the apricots are cooking, sprinkle the gelatin in a saucepan with 4 tablespoons of water, inside a refractory bowl. Let soak for 5 minutes, and then, when the gelatin has become spongy, put the bowl in the water bath for 2 minutes, until the gelatin has completely dissolved. It is necessary to remove from time to time. Then remove from the bowl and reserve.
- Pass the apricots, orange peel and liquid through the blender. But reserve some pieces of apricot, to chop them a little more. Pour the puree into a rather large bowl.
- Add the gelatin to the mash and mix everything well. Then add the apricot pieces you have reserved and mix again.
- Add the orange juice and let cool while stirring continuously. Then cover and leave in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Beat egg white until stiff, adding sugar 1 tablespoon at a time. This will give a delicious creamy touch to the gelatine. Add to the apricot mixture. Pour everything in the mold to make the jelly, cover and leave in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours, or until it has set well.
- Ready! Now you can enjoy your delicious fruit jelly.
Images | Istockphoto / Shutterstock TopicsFruit recipes