How to make Gloria cupcakes easily at home
Andalusia is one of those regions that offers us a lot of cakes and sweets of the most varied. This premise is fulfilled especially in Christmas, that time so propitious to be surrounded by our closest family and friends at a table full of nougat and marzipan of all kinds.
However, there are many people who feel the need to innovate a little to delight their palate with Christmas sweets that are a bit out of tradition and established norm. And that's where these come into play Glory cupcakes, a sweet typical of the southeast of Andalusia and characterized by merge just at the precise moment when it touches our palate.
Would you like to learn to cook them from the kitchen of your house since you have guests on December 25? Well, we can only tell you that you have just arrived at the right place. And is that through this recipe from NatureVia you will realize how simple they are to prepare.
Recipe of Gloria's cupcakes. Ideal for Christmas after-dinner
Although before making these Gloria sweets a reality, it is very important that you go to the nearest supermarket so that you do with the following ingredients.
Ingredients for Gloria's cupcakes:
- 500 grams of ground almonds
- 400 grams of sugar
- 250 grams of powdered sugar
- 250 grams of sweet potatoes
- 250 ml of water
- Lemon zest
Have you already achieved everything? Well now we are going to the "core" of the matter to explain all the steps to follow to make these Glory cupcakes come true.
How is the glory cake made ?:
- We will start by heating a saucepan with water next to 400 grams of sugar. Let it boil for 1 minute until you get a kind of syrup mixture. Add the half kilo of ground almonds with a little lemon zest and mix everything with the help of a wooden spoonful. We remove it from the fire, sprinkle all the icing sugar, wrap the mixture with transparent film and introduce it in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- We put the sweet potatoes in the oven for 20-30 minutes until they are well roasted. We remove their pulp and crush it with the help of a fork. After this, we put them in a saucepan with a couple of tablespoons of sugar until we get a cream. Let it rest for about 45-60 minutes and then pass it to a pastry bag.
- Next, we will split the mixture we have made in the first point to give it an oval shape and hollow inside. We can help ourselves with an egg carton in order to achieve the desired shape. With the help of the pastry bag, pour the sweet potato roasted with sugar in each of the portions.
- Finally, it is only necessary to introduce them in a preheated oven for about 10-15 minutes at a temperature of 180º. We can give the final touch with a little more icing sugar on top or with a little cinnamon to our liking.
It is recommended to take these Gloria pastries as a dessert after a copious meal accompanied by wine or a fruity liqueur.
Images courtesy of My Cooking Workshop - Carmen's Recipes TopicsChristmas Christmas Recipes Christmas Recipes