How to make oatmeal water
The oats It is characterized by being an extremely nutritious cereal, which provides very interesting properties and benefits. For these reasons it became many years ago the food base of many peoples, highlighting its consumption especially the species known as Avena Sativa.
From a nutritional point of view, it is a very rich in complex carbohydrates, which means that their carbohydrates are slow absorption, being much easier to digest while providing satiety. On the other hand, it also highlights its richness in vitamins (B vitamins such as B1, B5 and B6 and vitamin E), minerals (magnesium, calcium, potassium and zinc) and good quality proteins, in addition to the presence of the known as essential amino acids (especially leusin, threonine, methionine and isoleusin).
Although the most common is to be consumed cooked with yogurt or milk, it is also possible to make it known as oat milk, a delicious drink of vegetable origin that provides equally interesting qualities.
On this particular occasion we want to talk to you about the oat water, particularly about what are the steps we must follow to develop it, easily and in a few minutes.
Oatmeal water recipe
What do you need? Ingredients
- 1 cup of oat flakes
- 3 liters of water
- Optional: cinnamon stick (to flavor), honey or whole cane sugar (to sweeten)
Steps to prepare oatmeal water
- Put the oatmeal flakes in the blender or blender jar, and with enough water to cover the flakes, beat them until they have been crushed.
- Reserve the rest of the water in the meantime.
- When the oatmeal has been crushed, put the rest of the water in a saucepan, add the oats and bring it to a boil.
- When it reaches the boiling point, leave it without lowering the heat or raise it between 3 to 5 minutes.
- After this time extinguish the fire.
- If you want to aromatize the oatmeal water now is the exact time to add the cinnamon stick.
- Let it cool a little and strain the drink with the help of a fine mesh sieve.
- Ready! You can keep the oatmeal in the refrigerator.
How to drink oatmeal water? And when?
Oat water has several uses, and different qualities. Their slimming benefits are well known, especially if the regular consumption of this drink is accompanied by the follow-up of a low-fat diet and the practice of physical exercise.
With all this, if your goal is to lose weight, you can have a glass of oatmeal water on an empty stomach, and in the middle of the afternoon (at snack time) take another glass.
Images | Daniel Lobo / Daniel Cortes / ThemesVegetable drink