How to make pistachio milk
The vegetable milks They are healthy and natural drinks that can be an excellent option when you suffer from lactose intolerance. As you surely know, this intolerance has become in recent years a very common disorder, which prevents the usual consumption of cow's milk that has not been treated to remove lactose, the sugar in milk.
As you surely know there are some popular and popular varieties, mainly because we can easily find them in supermarkets and herbalists. This is the case, for example, of soy milk, almond milk, rice milk or oat milk.
In the case of pistachio milk It stands out as a heart-healthy drink, thanks to the healthy fats provided by this wonderful dry fruit, being especially rich in oleic acid and monounsaturated fats.
It is rich in antioxidants, such as phytosterols and carotenes. In addition, it helps reduce high levels of both cholesterol and triglycerides. On the other hand, for its richness in vegetable proteins (especially arginine) helps to increase the defenses.
Ingredients for pistachio milk
- 1 cup of raw pistachios
- 6 cups of water
Preparation of pistachio milk
- Wash pistachios well in water.
- In a blender mash the pistachios with a cup of water, for 5 to 10 seconds.
- Reduce the speed of the blender to the minimum speed, and beat for 20 seconds.
- Now add another cup to the mix. With the help of a wooden spoon mix well.
- Heat in a saucepan the equivalent of 2 cups of water. Add the mixture.
- With the help of a strainer, strain the drink.
- Now mix the mixture again at minimum speed, and add another 2 cups of water.
- Reserve in the fridge.
Image | atlnav