How to make tofu burger
Did you know that there is a Tofu, which can be used to make a great diversity of delicious recipes and dishes? It is quite probable that you do not know him by this name, but if I tell you that in reality his popular name is tofu, then you may know what wonderful food we are referring to. It is one of the quintessential products of Japanese cuisine.
As we saw in what is tofu, it is a food that is obtained from curdling soy milk (also known as vegetable soy drink). Precisely at the time of make tofu, this can be made either from the soy milk itself, or by cooking the raw yellow soy seeds from scratch.
If you are following a vegan or vegetarian diet, or simply want to encourage you to use tofu as a substitute for meat, this time we will explain how to make tofu burgers, especially rich in proteins of good quality and amino acids, whose texture will remind you a lot of meat (but without having an animal origin).
Ingredients for making tofu burgers
- 400 gr. of tofu
- 3 small carrots
- 1 handful of nuts (between 7 to 10)
- Grated lemon half
- 2 teaspoons of curry
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
Steps to make tofu burgers
- First wash the carrots well. Peel and rake them.
- Cut the tofu very thinly. Do the same with the grated carrot.
- With the help of a mortar grind the nuts.
- Put the tofu cut with the carrots in a bowl and add the nuts.
- Add curry, lemon zest, cumin and a pinch of salt.
- With the help of the hands, mold the dough, and shape it into hamburgers. Let stand for 25 minutes.
- After this time, put 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a pan, and when hot fry the burgers until they are golden brown (so that they are done well and are not raw inside, it is best to fry them over low heat).
If you want to learn more delicious vegetarian recipes, discover how to make seitan, known as vegetable meat par excellence.
Image | Rex Roof TopicsVegan Vegan Recipes