Italian basil oil: recipe from Tuscany
The aromatic oils they are really delicious options that allow us to enjoy exquisite and wonderful dishes in an easy and simple way, as they are ideal to add to very diverse recipes providing a unique aroma and flavor.
A good example is the basil oil, a useful option that company to perfection pasta dishes, which is why it arrives directly from Tuscany, thus becoming a typical Italian recipe. But not only is it ideal for pasta, as it also combines very well for seasoning meats and fish.
There are two similar options that we will also find in Italian gastronomy, although with wide differences. The first one, and in fact the best known, is the traditional pesto, which is characterized by a green sauce that is made with fresh basil leaves, parsley, pecorino or parmesan cheese, garlic cloves and pine nuts.
Another option is the typical basil sauce, that in some occasions we have elaborated with leaves of fresh basil, extra virgin olive oil, ground black pepper and Greek yogurt.
Tuscan basil oil recipe
As you will see, the elaboration of this wonderful Tuscan basil oil It is extremely easy and simple. So much that in just a few minutes you'll have it ready. You will take about 15 minutes to prepare it, and to finish it about 10 minutes more.
- 200 gr. of fresh basil leaves
- 10 nuts
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 130 ml. of extra virgin olive oil
- 5 tablespoons pecorino cheese
- Black pepper
Preparation of basil oil:
- First of all we are going to wash the basil leaves, to drain them and to dry them well with the help of an absorbent paper.
- Peel the garlic cloves and chop them very finely. Chop the basil leaves too finely.
- Put the nuts and pine nuts on a wooden board to cut and chop them equally well.
- Put all the ingredients (basil, garlic, nuts and pine nuts) in the blender glass and whisk it all very well while adding-little by little-the extra virgin olive oil.
- Grate the cheese and add it to the previous mixture.
- To finish, salt and pepper to taste and beat again so that the cheese is integrated with the sauce.
- Go back to stir well, and smart! You can enjoy it now
How to enjoy basil oil:
As we told you at the beginning, this oil combines perfectly with pasta dishes to those who obviously have not added any type of sauce, as it brings flavor and a wonderful aroma, pure and unique.
On the other hand, it is also useful to garnish dishes with meat or fish, or even delicious seasoning some fresh salad (for example, a salad of fresh tomatoes with mozzarella cheese).