Natural astringent tonics for oily skin: 3 unique recipes
Did you know that the skin is the longest and largest organ in our body? Among other aspects it can reach between 1.5 to 2 square meters, and weigh between 3 to 4 kg. Moreover, when being in permanent and direct relation with the rest of the organs any type of alteration that appears in it can be a sign of alarm of the presence of some disease or dysfunction; that is, it can become an indication that our health is not quite right.
With regard to the different types of skin, the oily skin It is characterized by being a type of skin that produces an excess of sebum, where the sebaceous glands are tremendously hyperactive, causing the skin a shiny appearance with a tendency to acne and clogged pores, and presenting large pores in the T area of the face (forehead, nose and chin). Therefore we must pay special attention not only to their care, but to the climatic conditions given that the heat and humidity increase the excessive production of sebum, at the same time that the existence of a lower humidity and a much cooler temperature will help your elimination.
Regarding maintaining as natural a care as possible of our oily skin, astringents stand out as water-based agents useful for removing excess sweat and sebum, at the same time that they bring a fresh sensation to the skin by presenting an excellent cooling capacity. They also hydrate the skin and help balance the pH level cutaneous.
Do I have oily skin? How can I know that?
Knowing what type of skin you have is easy and simple if we pay attention to some signs and signals that are key and that clearly differ from one to another. In the case of oily skin, they are characterized by:
- To present an excess of brightness in areas such as the forehead, nose and chin.
- It is a pale skin, with thickened appearance.
- The pores are open, very visible and enlarged.
If you present most of these symptoms it is evident that your skin has a tendency to produce a greater amount of sebum, so it will effectively be a type of oily skin. And what to do for your care ?. A useful option is to opt for natural astringent tonics, that as we mentioned previously are ideal when removing excess fat and sweat, and also help you to refresh your skin.
The best natural astringents for oily skin
Lemon and witch hazel tonic
Lemon juice is a useful natural option to clean the skin, providing greater efficiency when closing pores and reducing excess fat. While Witch hazel is a useful plant to moisturize the skin and refresh it.
- Ingredients you need: To prepare this tonic you only need the juice of half a lemon and half a cup of witch hazel.
- preparation: Squeeze the juice of half a lemon, add it to a small bottle that you can close well, also introduce the witch hazel, close and mix well combining all the ingredients.
- How to apply it: You just have to apply a teaspoon on the face of this tonic and in those areas that you want to treat with the help of a cotton pad. You can keep it for 2 weeks in the fridge.
Mint and parsley tonic
Parsley is a powerful astringent useful for reducing excess oil on the skin, at the same time that Mint brings freshness and a delicate herbal fragrance Very useful to relax while we apply this tonic on the skin.
- Ingredients you need: Half a cup of fresh and chopped parsley, half a cup of chopped mint leaves and 2 cups of water.
- Preparation: In a small saucepan, put the water to be heated until it reaches the boiling point. Then remove from heat, add the parsley and mint, cover and leave to macerate for 30 minutes. Filter in a glass container that you can close hermetically.
- How to apply it: You can apply it on the skin using a piece of cotton. To keep it you can leave it in the fridge for a maximum of 1 week.
The chamomile becomes an excellent astringent remedy useful to reduce fat, and ideal to lighten hair if for example your scalp has a tendency to produce a lot of fat.
- Ingredients you need: 1 tablespoon of chamomile flowers and 1 cup of water.
- preparation: In a small saucepan put the water and bring to a boil. When you reach this point remove from the fire, add the flowers of chamomile, cover and let it rest in maceration for 30 minutes. After this time, filter and reserve in a glass container.
- How to apply it: Like the previous tonics, you can apply it on the skin with the help of a wipe or piece of cotton, preferably at night. You can keep it for 1 week in the fridge.
Maintaining proper care of our skin is essential, especially if we have oily or dehydrated skin.Neglecting it can later lead to the appearance of other skin problems, such as the appearance of annoying pimples and pimples, or that appears more dry and cracked.