Natural foods that help you lower your blood pressure
Although there are many risk factors that can influence the elevation of the blood pressure, and that influence in the end that a person suffers from arterial hypertension, actually for the moment the real causes are not known that occasional blood hypertension.
That is to say, although until now there are no known specific causes that cause the elevation of blood pressure, especially when this elevation is chronic and remains in time, there are a number of factors that influence its increase. Especially those factors that cause hypertension, which basically consists of the chronic increase in blood pressure.
In fact, it is considered that there is high blood pressure when the systolic blood pressure is between 140-159 mmHg and / or the diastolic pressure between 90-99 mmHg. However, this is serious when the systolic pressure is 180 mmHg or greater and the diastolic pressure is 110 mmHg or higher.
On the other hand, we can not forget about the hypotension, which consists of having blood pressure values below what is considered normal. In this sense, the WHO (World Health Organization) itself, denominates it as that tension that was below 100/70 mmHg.
What are the causes that cause hypertension?
As indicated, although specifically there are no real specific causes, there are risk factors that influence the elevation of blood pressure. The most common are the following:
- Genetic factors: The genetic predisposition can lead to hypertension, especially when a first-degree relative already has this condition.
- Sex: Men have a greater predisposition to develop high blood pressure. Until women reach the age of menopause, when the risk is equal in both sexes.
- Age: Age also becomes another of the fundamental factors, since it is common for blood pressure to increase over the years.
- Overweight and obesity: It is known that, as weight increases, blood pressure also tends to rise.
- Certain diseases: as is the case of chronic kidney disease, polycystic kidney disease, renal artery stenosis, renin-producing tumors or Liddle syndrome.
These foods are useful for reducing hypertension
The Garlic It is considered not only as a delicious and wonderful food from a culinary point of view. It is also known for years for its healing qualities, which is why it has come to be known as an authentic superfood, thanks to its incredible protective and antibiotic benefits.
In the case of having high blood pressure, garlic has proven to be a natural food that helps reduce it, both the maximum and the minimum blood pressure. Why? Fundamentally because it has a very interesting vasodilator effect, which acts on small capillaries.
On the other hand, we can not forget about their cardiosaludable qualities, which translate into helps to decrease high cholesterol levels, being useful in turn to prevent and / or prevent the formation of thrombi.
The onion it is, like garlic, another of the natural foods whose healing and medicinal benefits are tremendously known and popular. Mainly because it is a food of recognized hypotensive action, which means that it helps reduce high blood pressure.
On the one hand, it is useful for improve blood circulation, quality that is translated precisely in that property or virtue to lower the high tension. On the other, it also acts as diuretic, helping favor the elimination of liquids.
To those users who enjoy a good dish of Chicken Soup, a meal that has been called "grandma's penicillin" (for its ability to fight the cold), are in luck.
And it is that recently Japanese researchers have discovered that this popular dish, so appealing on both autumn and winter nights, can help reduce the blood pressure.
The aforementioned researchers found that the collagen proteins found in the chicken could actually reduce blood pressure, and may act as well as blood pressure medications.
Not in vain, previous studies had found that, chicken breasts, contained only small amounts of collagen, but not enough to affect blood pressure.
In the new study, the scientists examined the chicken thighs, thereby finding four proteins that had collagen that acted as the aforementioned drugs. ECA.
Of course, the researchers have warned: what would be medicinal is the chicken itself, and not the rest of the ingredients in the soup.
Medicinal plants and herbs
In addition to some natural foods, there are also certain plants and herbs with hypotensive action, which help in a very positive way when it comes to reducing hypertension. The most useful and appropriate are the following:
- Olive leaves: Although less known than other plants with hypotensive action, they become in fact an ideal natural remedy in case of medium-severe arterial hypertension. It has an active ingredient known by the name of oleoeuropein, which is useful to dilate small blood vessels (and combat arrhythmias), acting in turn as a diuretic.
- White hawthorn: it is one of the most known hypotensive plants in this sense. It acts as a circulatory relaxant, acting not only on high blood pressure, but on arrhythmias, headaches and irritability.
- Horse tail: Who does not know which of this plant, or has used it in some other occasion? Its diuretic action is due to its high content of flavonoids and potassium salts.
As we see, there are certain foods that are very useful when reducing or controlling blood pressure, especially when it is high. However, It is essential to follow a healthy lifestyle, maintaining a varied diet rich in natural foods and low in fat. This article is published for informational purposes only. You can not and should not replace the consultation with a Nutritionist. We advise you to consult your trusted Nutritionist.