Nutritional information of Goji berries
The so-called Goji berries (or Goji berries) are considered as authentic red diamonds, and are characterized by being cherries from Tibet, being known scientifically with the name of Lycium barbarum.
Their consumption has increased enormously in recent years, especially since they have known each other Benefits of goji berries, so that nowadays it can easily be found in many stores and supermarkets.
As you will surely know, especially if you have already tried them, their taste tends to be not very pleasant, so it is advised that when eating them you prefer to add them to salads, salads or yogurts.
Among its most important properties we find a superfood that helps increase defenses, improves vision, increases sperm production (which helps improve male fertility), improves memory and promotes concentration, increases levels of energy and health of liver and kidneys.
Nutritional content of goji berries
- Fatty acids: they are rich in omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids (linoleic acid and linolenic acid), essential for the proper functioning of the nervous system, the brain and aid in the production of hormones.
- Amino acids: they are rich in 18 amino acids, 8 of them essential amino acids. Amino acids form the structure of proteins and help in many functions, among them involved in the production of enzymes, hormones and antibodies.
- Betaine: it is a substance used by the liver for the production of choline, a nutrient that participates in the detoxifying function of this important organ. It is essential for good cardiovascular health, improves improvement, prevents fatty liver and protects DNA.
- Carotenoids: fat-soluble pigments fundamental in the activity of vitamin A.
- Cyperone: beneficial for blood pressure, menstruation and heart.
- Lutein: beneficial flavonoid in the care of the eyes.
- Minerals and trace elements: especially rich in 21 trace elements, highlighting copper, calcium, selenium, phosphorus, chromium, magnesium and potassium.
- Vitamins: especially rich in B vitamins (B1, B2 and B6), vitamin C and vitamin E.
Nutritional values of goji berries
Sources | Bitnavegante / Elite Woman
Image | miheco This article is published for informational purposes only. You can not and should not replace the consultation with a Nutritionist. We advise you to consult your trusted Nutritionist.