Orange and almond muffins: delicious recipe
Since a few years ago, it is very common to find different muffins, in many flavors and colors, in bakeries and sweets. It is also known as pancake or cupcake. It is a confectionery product made with sweet bread and other ingredients, such as orange and almond muffins that we propose in this wonderful recipe.
Baked in individual molds are usually served wrapped in a special paper and although their size usually varies they have a diameter smaller than that of the palm of an adult person's hand. In fact, in its preparation we will only use two main ingredients: orange and the almond.
It has similarities with the cupcake but it is different since it has a less sweet flavor and the ingredients go in different proportions. It is usually consumed at breakfast or at snack.
Where do the muffins come from?
This food has its origin in England from 1703. Derived from the original word moofin, perhaps its origin may be due to the French word moufflet (soft bread). This sweet was consumed in breakfasts or as a snack and several flavors were added such as dried fruit, fresh, spices and chocolate.
Here we present a rich recipe of muffins with orange and almond. We can eat it at lunch or for breakfast whenever we feel like it. It will take about 10 minutes to prepare it.
Recipe for orange and almond muffins
- 2 or 3 eggs.
- 90 grams of milk
- 40 grams of butter.
- A little salt
- 90 grams of white almond puree.
- 200 grams of flour.
- Chemical yeast
- 15 grams of whole almonds.
- 1 or 2 oranges
- 140 ml of mirin.
The mirin It is an essential condiment that is used in Japanese food with a somewhat sweet flavor. It is a rice wine similar to sake but with low alcohol that is made from rice, koji and sochu. It is aromatic and sweet.
- We will preheat the oven to 180º. We will split the almonds and squeeze and grate the oranges.
- In which the oven is preheating and once we have the almonds ready, we will reduce the mirin about 20 minutes to get a syrup.
- We will mix the chemical yeast, the flour and the salt in a bowl. In another bowl, mix the almond puree, milk, eggs, reduced mirin, squeezed orange juice, orange zest and melted butter.
- Mix all these ingredients mentioned above with the flour and mix well until you get a homogeneous mass.
- We will take some molds for the muffins, which will be previously covered with butter and we will add the homogeneous mass. We will add the chopped almonds on top at home muffins and bake for 20 minutes.
Do you know what brings the sweet taste to muffins?
It is provided by the mirin and the almond puree, in addition very positive because we will not use excess fat. The almonds offer the fatty acid which will provide a special creaminess, similar to that obtained with butter but with less unsaturated fats, and better for our health. ThemesCupcakes Recipes