Recipes of torrijas without gluten, without egg and without lactose
The French toast They are a traditional sweet and very popular throughout the Spanish geography especially during the dates of Holy Week.
Not only on these dates are the French toast, also at other times during the year as in Carnival, All Saints' Day, and as not at any other time of the year that we feel like tasting this wonderful and exquisite sweet.
The torrijas can be prepared with various recipes from the traditional and classic recipe, to the torrijas of red wine, torrijas of sweet wine.
This time in NatureVia we wanted to share with our readers three recipes of torrijas, in this case it is torrijas for people who have some type of intolerance or food allergy such as lactose, gluten or egg, ingredients present in the recipe of the classic or traditional torrijas.
With these new recipes we can say that we can all eat torrijas without stopping to give up this delicious traditional sweet.
Torrijas without gluten
To prepare these classic torrijas, but without gluten we will need to have gluten-free bread. It is a recipe that is very good for people with celiac disease who have intolerance, sensitivity or allergy to gluten.
The other ingredients are the same as in the recipe of traditional or classic torrijas.
- 250 grams of gluten-free bread cut into thick slices.
- 750 ml. of whole milk or skimmed milk.
- The grated skin of an orange.
- 2 eggs
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 125 grams of sugar.
- Sunflower oil or olive oil mild flavor.
- To brown the torrijas: a teaspoon of ground cinnamon and a teaspoon of sugar.
- Honey or light syrup to accompany the torrijas.
- In a heater we put the milk to heat with low heat. We put into the milk the grated skin of the orange, the sugar and the cinnamon sticks. We stir to mix well and heat until it starts to boil.
- Once it boils, we put out the fire. Let the flavored milk rest until it is lukewarm.
- Remove the cinnamon sticks put the flavored milk in a wide container that allows us to soak the slices of bread.
- We put all the slices of soaking bread in the milk and store it in the fridge for one hour.
- In a pan we put plenty of oil to heat to fry the torrijas.
- While we beat the eggs. Carefully we take the bread out of the milk, we go through the beaten egg and fry them with medium heat.
- We brown the torrijas well on both sides and with care that they are not destroyed when turning them over.
- Cover a tray or plate with absorbent paper to put the french toast and drain the oil.
- When the torrijas are warm we are going to reduce them by the mixture of sugar and cinnamon.
- We can also sprinkle them with a little icing sugar.
We can accompany the torrijas with a little honey or a light sugar syrup.
Torrijas without lactose
The torrijas without lactose They are very easy to prepare so we will only need to use milk without lactose instead of milk with lactose, which is what the classic torrijas recipe normally takes.
- 350 grams of bread from the previous day.
- One liter of milk without lactose.
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 eggs
- 150 grams of sugar.
- The grated skin of a lemon.
- Sunflower or virgin olive oil, mild flavor (to fry the torrijas).
- One tablespoon of cinnamon powder, one tablespoon of sugar, (to brown the torrijas).
- We cut the bread into slices a little thick. In a heater put the milk to heat to heat, add the grated skin of the lemon, cinnamon sticks, sugar and stir to mix all ingredients well.
- Heat the milk with low heat until it begins to boil. When it is boiling, turn off the heat and reserve until it is lukewarm.
- Remove the cinnamon sticks and introduce the slices of bread into the flavored milk. We will keep the bread soaking for at least one hour and in the fridge.
- We will remove the torrijas carefully so that they do not get destroyed since they will be very soft. Let's put them on a plate or tray.
- Put plenty of oil in a pan to heat and fry the toast.
- The oil should be very hot. In a bowl we beat the eggs well.
- We pass the torrijas by the beaten egg and we are depositing them inside the frying pan, fry the torrijas with medium heat and we go browning well on both sides.
- Take the French toast once fried and put them on a tray or plate that we have covered with napkin or absorbent paper so that they go draining the surplus oil.
- In a plate we make the mixture of cinnamon powder and sugar to brown the toast when they are warm.
When you bring them to the table we can accompany them with a little honey on top, a light syrup or also a flavored syrup.
Torrijas without eggs
Ideal recipe for people who are allergic to eggs or for people who follow a vegan diet.
In this recipe the torrijas of course do not get fried in egg as we do with the classic torrijas, they are not fried in abundant oil they are grilled only by spreading a little oil on the bottom and walls of the pan.
- 300 grams of bread from the previous day cut into thick slices.
- One liter of whole or skimmed milk
- 2 cinnamon sticks.
- The grated skin of an orange and a lemon.
- 150 grams of sugar.
- A little bit of sunflower oil or virgin olive oil tastes mild.
- Sugar glas to sprinkle and present the torrijas.
- Honey to accompany the torrijas.
- Inside a heater or saucepan we put the milk, the lemon and orange zest, the sugar, the cinnamon sticks.
- Put the fire, stir well and heat with medium heat until it starts to boil. Once it boils, turn off the heat and let it rest until the milk is warm.
- Remove the cinnamon sticks and put the slices of bread into the milk. We reserve the soaking bread in the flavored milk for at least one hour and in the fridge.
- After the time we took the bread to soak in the fridge. In a pan put a little oil and well spread the bottom and walls of the pan.
- We put it to the fire to heat and when it is very hot we are putting the torrijas inside to go them doing them to the plate or roasted, browning them well by both sides.
- Once they are well browned we put them on a tray or plate.
When tasting the torrijas we can accompany them with a little honey on top, or a sugar syrup or with a mixture of sugar and cinnamon sprinkled on top.
From NatureVia, Happy Easter to everyone! ThemesEaster Recipes Pancake Recipes