Remedy of olive oil with lemon and pepper: its health benefits
Within a varied and balanced diet the olive oil It has a role as prominent as it is important. It stands out especially for its high content of healthy fats, mainly monounsaturated fats, which help protect the heart and prevent the onset of cardiovascular diseases. We must also mention the presence of other fats as healthy as for example is the case of polyunsaturated acids that help reduce high levels of LDL cholesterol while increasing HDL (considered good cholesterol).
Its incredible nutritional qualities do not end there, as it provides interesting amounts of vitamin E and other natural antioxidants protect our body from the negative action of free radicals, so it helps positively when reducing the risk of certain diseases as is the case of cancer, hypertension and other cardiovascular diseases.
The truth is with olive oil we can make excellent natural remedies that help us to prevent certain diseases and health disorders, as well as useful in their treatment and healing. An example is the olive oil with lemon juice, which can be eaten on an empty stomach and becomes an antioxidant remedy with a great detoxifying power.
With the lemon almost the same thing happens: it is an excellent fruit to purify and detoxify our body totally and completely natural. Its regular consumption is excellent when it comes to regulating our body's pH levels, purifying our intestines and eliminating both toxins and accumulated impurities. And as with olive oil, it is also possible to prepare folk remedies to increase their qualities: it highlights especially the warm water with lemon consumed always fasting.
On this occasion we want to combine the qualities of extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice and black pepper to produce a detoxifying home remedy. We explain its benefits, uses and the necessary steps to prepare it easily at home.
How to make the olive oil remedy with lemon juice and pepper
Ingredients that you need
- 1 glass of extra virgin olive oil
- The juice of 1 lemon and its peel
- 2 teaspoons of black peppercorns
Steps to prepare the remedy
First, put a saucepan in the water bath with a little water. When the water in the water bath boils, lower the heat and let it boil over low heat. Meanwhile, wash the lemon well, cut it in half and squeeze it to obtain its juice, removing the seeds. Now carefully remove and cut the peel, cutting it into strips and eliminating the white part (the bitterest part).
With the help of a mortar pestle the peppercorns to use freshly crushed.
In the upper bowl place the olive oil, the juice and the lemon peel and the crushed peppercorns. Cover and let cook for 1 hour. After this time separate from the fire and let cool. Then reserve in a clean jar with the help of a strainer. Cover and store in the refrigerator.
How to take the olive oil remedy with lemon and pepper
You only have to take a teaspoon of this remedy every morning, preferably on an empty stomach. You can take it cold or warm it a little, consuming it warm.
What are your benefits if we consume it regularly?
- Helps reduce cholesterol and triglycerides: for the healthy fatty acid content of olive oil, this natural remedy is ideal when it comes to reducing LDL (bad cholesterol) and triglycerides, while increasing HDL (good cholesterol).
- Great detoxifier and natural scrubber: consumed on an empty stomach this remedy provides interesting amounts of natural antioxidants, very useful to purify our body and eliminate toxins. It helps reduce the negative effects of free radicals.
- Excellent natural digestive: Lemon juice helps regulate the pH levels of our digestive system, acting positively when it comes to relieving stomach acidity, heavy digestion, nausea and gas.
- Helps purify the liver: it is suitable in case of fatty liver, a very common disorder that consists in the excessive accumulation of fat in the liver cells.
- Strengthens the immune system: being a very rich vitamin C drink, it helps positively to increase the defenses, by stimulating the immune system in a natural way.
Images | iStock / Suzette / Anne Worner This article is published for informational purposes only. It can not and should not replace the consultation with a Physician. We advise you to consult your Trusted Doctor. ThemesOil