Saint Bones: easy and delicious recipe
The recipe of the Bones of saints is, among other main aspects, one of the most typical All Saints Day recipes, since, for decades now, it is one of the most elaborate desserts on this day of the year for this popular holiday.
As many specialists in cooking say, the Bones of saints They have a certainly special symbolism, since they come to represent, in the sweetest way, the meaning that this annual festival has.
If you want to enjoy the best Bones of saints, we explain below what is the recipe of bones of saint.
Saint Bones Recipe
Ingredients for marzipan
- 200 g. of sugar
- 150 g of ground almonds
- 100 ml. of water
- Icing sugar
Ingredients for the stuffing
- 5 egg yolks
- 120 g. of sugar
- 50 g of water
Steps to elaborate the bones of saint
1. Make a strong syrup with water and sugar and add the almond little by little until it forms a paste. Let it cool.
2. To make the filling, now make another syrup with sugar and water.
3. Beat egg yolks well.
4. When the syrup is ready, add the yolks little by little.
5. Now insert the mixture in a container and heat it in a water bath. Of course, you must be careful that it enters in boiling, since it could cut the mixture.
6. Once it thickens well, let cool.
7. Now take the marzipan and mash it with a rolling pin. Sprinkle the entire surface with icing sugar to give the characteristic touch.
8. Make square strips the size you want, and roll them into a stick at least 1 centimeter thick, and stick the dough to your fingers.
9. To avoid that the dough sticks to the stick, do not forget to sprinkle well with icing sugar.
10. Take out the stick, and let it cool.
11. Once cold, stuffed with the yolk paste.