Salt lamps: what they are, benefits and why you should have a
Have you ever seen a Salt lamp? Sometimes we pass in front of a shop window of a decoration shop or a herbalist and we stumble upon this extremely striking lamp.
One of the first gestures we can have when we see it is the feeling of wanting to simply observe it. Its light transmits tranquility and purity. Then surely we will think this will come well for our home simply as a decorative element.
Without knowing its properties and benefits, only its warm light makes us want to take it with us.
What is a salt lamp and where do they come from?
It is a dim light lamp that is formed by salt stones usually from the Himalayas (for its characteristic and pleasant pink color), inside which a candle or a light bulb is placed.
Precisely because of the qualities that the mineral possesses, it is known as a lamp in itself due to the fact that by introducing a simple candle in its internal part, it is able to illuminate the whole.
They are usually orange and are displayed in all shapes and sizes. These have positive benefits for the health and the environment that surrounds us.
These stones come directly from nature and have been used by less affluent families in Europe, for more than 400 years.
What are they used for and how are they used?
These stones emit negative ions providing balance to the environment. These negative ions stick to the positive ones. It deals with those ions that have already lost their oxygen molecules purifying the air.
It is important to take into account the size of the lamp, since, the greater the room where it will stay, the larger the size of the lamp must be since the greater the space to be balanced.
It is advisable that they be placed near electronic devices since these equipment emit positive ions and subtract balance to the environment. They will always be of help only when they are lit.
What is this lamp made of?
Its formation (salt stones) is located 250 million years ago when the seas covered the surface of the planet. The water had less depth and where the sun evaporated the water, the salt remained in the form of salt crystals.
The wind covered them with dust and earth and the earth movements covered them with stones and rocks. Therefore, today salt is extracted from the depths of the earth in mines.
This crystallized natural salt of the mines, unlike the salt extracted from the seas and ocean, is not contaminated.
If you would like to make your own homemade salt lamp, we will show you the necessary materials.
We will need a block of salt from the Himalayas of between 2 and 5 kilos, a square or wooden circle about two centimeters thick and of a suitable size to be the base of the salt block. In addition, a cable, a socket and a light bulb.
What benefits does it give us?
There are several benefits that the regular use of salt lamps gives us in our day to day. The best known are the following:
- They absorb the excess electromagnetic waves produced by electronic devices.
- Due to its color and softness of light, it creates an environment full of warmth and relaxation.
- According to Feng Shui, it is an element that transmits good "chi" (good energy).
- Negative ions provide positive aspects to the organism, such as the circulatory, immune, digestive and respiratory levels.
- They are indicated for people with respiratory problems and allergies.
- It helps eliminate the negativity of the environment. When there is a lot of tension in the environment a puddle of water appears around it since the salt transforms the bad vibrations into water.
- It is positive to use it to meditate by placing it right in front of you. Turn it on, look at it and forget about everything around you.