Sardine: benefits and properties
The blue Fish is one of the foods richest in omega 3, an unsaturated fatty acid able to protect the cardiovascular system of the person and help lower high cholesterol levels, or prevent different heart conditions, among others.
One of the blue fish The best known is salmon, an extremely healthy food that, for example, prepared on the grill, becomes an extremely delicious and beneficial option for our health consumed on a regular basis.
But, did you know that sardines They are also a variety of blue Fish equally healthy ?.
Benefits of sardines
The sardine It is a fish that, although it contains a slightly higher amount of calories than other options such as gilthead sea bream, is a healthy food that should not be lacking in any balanced diet.
It stands out above all for its high content in proteins and minerals, among which especially nutrients such as phosphorus, iron and sodium stand out.
Here we summarize the main ones benefits of sardines:
- Especially rich in omega 3 unsaturated fatty acids.
- Useful to reduce cholesterol levels and high triglycerides.
- Reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Useful to increase the fluidity of the blood, which avoids the risk of suffering thrombosis and atherosclerosis.
- Ideal within a balanced diet, healthy and healthy, especially for its high content of essential nutrients for the body.
Nutritional values of sardines
100 grams of sardines provide:
- Calories: 135 calories.
- Proteins: 17.2 gr.
- Fat: 9.4 gr. (of which 2.5 grams saturated, monounsaturated 2.9 grams, polyunsaturated 2.10 grams).
- Minerals: iron, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, zinc and iodine.
- Vitamins: vitamins of group B (B1, B2, B3, B9 and B12), vitamin A, vitamin D and vitamin E.
Image | avlxyz This article is published for informational purposes only. You can not and should not replace the consultation with a Nutritionist. We advise you to consult your trusted Nutritionist.