There is no doubt that all people have had at some time in their life the sensitive stomach: sensation of intense pressure and turmoil, upset stomach, feeling of great emptiness located in the mouth of the stomach ... In these cases, when it is a point discomfort, the most common is that the causes are related to a stomach problem; For example, a certain food may have fallen badly or heavy, or it may have eaten a lot, which in turn causes swelling.
But there are some people who suffer this problem practically every day, even without having found a clear cause to explain their annoying symptoms. It is said that they present the sensitive stomach, but certainly do not know if, for example, it is due to the existence of gastritis nervosa, a gastritis by Helicobacter Pylori, or even in the presence of the so-called fatty liver, an increasingly common disorder that can cause stomach upset or swelling. Nor can we forget about possible intolerances to certain foods, as is the case of lactose intolerance (which causes discomfort but not usually serious, as it would happen with food allergies), or nerves, stress and anxiety.
In these cases, when you suffer from a delicate stomach almost every day and especially every time you eat, first of all the most recommended is to go to our doctor, who could prescribe certain tests and refer us to the digestive specialist. The key, obviously, is to identify the cause that causes this stomach weakness.
Symptoms of the delicate stomach
When a person suffers from a delicate stomach, it usually indicates the presence of the following symptoms:
- Sensation of revoltura.
- Intense pressure in the stomach.
- Large vacuum sensation, which is located in the mouth of the stomach.
- Stomach pain and upset
- Presence of gases.
Sensitive stomach treatment
The key is to know the real cause that causes our stomach to be so sensitive, since in that case, if there is a medical treatment that helps to solve it or control it, our doctor will prescribe it.
For example, in case of gastritis caused by infection with the bacterium Helicobacter Pylori, the treatments of choice are antacids, histamine 2 blockers and proton pump inhibitors (PPI).
If it is an upset stomach caused by some intolerance, the key is to first diagnose what foods cause it and then remove them from the diet.
Tips for sensitive stomachs
- In the kitchen: choose to always cook in the oven, grilled, boiled or steamed. Avoid, above all, very elaborate dishes and fried foods. Before cooking the vegetables remove the skin, since some of them are irritating (for example, tomatoes and peppers). Opt for prepared broths at home, avoiding the industrials that you can find at the supermarket.
- In your daily diet: wash the fruit well and always peel it before eating it. On the other hand, it is advisable to avoid acid fruits (as in the case of citrus fruits or kiwis). Substitute coffee for infusions and avoid those foods that are very sweet.
- Make between 5 to 6 meals a day. It is also recommended to decrease the amount of food you eat on each occasion, to avoid overloading the stomach.
- Eat more yogurts: preferably skimmed yoghurts, which help to restore and take care of your stomach.
- Replace the bread: and opt for toasted bread or dextrinated bread.
Images | Holly Lay / babykins. This article is published for informational purposes only. It can not and should not replace the consultation with a Physician. We advise you to consult your Trusted Doctor. ThemesGastrointestinal disorders