Spicy baked potatoes, delicious aromatic recipe
Although the chips are extremely delicious, especially if they are well fried and crispy, the truth is that they are not a very healthy option, especially if we do not choose the most suitable oil and we tend to fry them in excess, and we also consume them regularly. .
In this sense, if the chips you love, the best option is to choose a good extra virgin olive oil, never reuse the oil once it has been used in the kitchen and try that the potatoes are not fried at a very high temperature , since we run the risk of forming acrylamide, a compound that is generated in foods when they are fried and temperatures of more than 100 degrees Celsius are reached.
But this does not mean that we can not enjoy delicious and delicious potatoes. In fact, there are much healthier ways to cook them, without having to add more fat or oil than is strictly necessary for their preparation. And this recipe that we propose is ideal, also for anyone who likes spicy dishes. Do you dare to prepare it? It is extremely simple and in just 40 minutes you can enjoy them.
- 3 or 4 large potatoes
- 1 spoonful of curry
- 1 tablespoon of turmeric
- 1 tablespoon of paprika
- 1 tablespoon of rosemary
- 1 tablespoon of thyme
- Half a tablespoon of black pepper (or add more to taste)
- Salt to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil
How to make the spiced potatoes in the oven:
- Thoroughly clean the potatoes to remove all traces of dirt. Then wash them well to finish cleaning them. Finally, dry them carefully with the help of a cloth cloth.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Cut the potatoes into square pieces. The ideal is to cook them with your skin, so it is not necessary or appropriate to remove it.
- Now let's prepare the vinaigrette or sauce that will serve to cover the potatoes and give them that spicy flavor so deliciously delicious. To do this, put in a bowl all the spices and herbs. Add a splash of extra virgin olive oil and mix everything well.
- Then add the cut potatoes and mix again. Leave them at rest for 15 minutes, so that they acquire all the flavor of the vinaigrette we have prepared.
- Meanwhile, put sulfurized paper for oven in the baking tray, and add the potatoes carefully one by one. It is not necessary that you eliminate the vinaigrette or the sauce that will be left over.
- Cook the spiced potatoes in the oven for 40 minutes. It is necessary that you observe them from time to time, since depending on the type of oven that you have, it is possible that they are cooked before.
- Once the time has passed, turn off the oven, remove the tray taking care not to burn yourself and let it cool down a bit.
These potatoes are ideal as an accompaniment to a wide variety of recipes, especially meats such as chicken. It is also possible to enjoy them accompanied by rice or lentils. In short, any dish will combine almost perfectly with these wonderful spiced potatoes.