Sweet potato fritters: Sweet Easter recipe
We are very close to Holy Week and this week homes, sweets and restaurants are involved in preparing both traditional food recipes these days and sweets and desserts.
Recipes as we have said before, traditional ones that have been transmitted from generation to generation and that are very widespread, are homemade recipes, simple to prepare, that allow us to taste and delight with different flavors, smells, and textures. And in which, in fact, the sweet potato He has a lot to say.
Sweets such as fritters, stuffed donuts, French toast bread bathed with syrup, honey, or wine, rice pudding, pestiños, fried milk, donuts of different flavors such as orange and anise, bartolillos, frying pan flowers ...
And how could it be less, we could not forget the popular flour pancakes, pumpkin, banana, sweet potato ... As well as the Easter cakes and Easter cakes.
How to make sweet potato donuts
The sweet potato donuts They are typical sweets of Holy Week, as with other sweets, they are also made at other times of the year like at Carnival or when we feel like tasting them. We can also find other equally popular options during Holy Week, as is the case of those known as Fritters.
The sweet potato fritters are typical of the Island of La Palma on Easter dates, they are very easy to prepare and very tasty.
They are ideal to enjoy both breakfast and dessert also in afternoon tea accompanied by a warm chocolate, a coffee, a tea or an infusion.
For dessert we can accompany it with a splash of honey, bathed with a light syrup, or accompanied by a scoop of ice cream.
- 3 medium-sized sweet potatoes.
- Water and salt to cook the sweet potatoes.
- A tablespoon of flour.
- The juice of half a lemon.
- A tablespoon of sugar.
- A glass of sweet wine.
- Sunflower oil for frying or olive oil.
- Sugar luster to decorate.
- Honey or syrup to herd.
- We remove the skin from the sweet potatoes, wash them and cut them in half.
- We put the sweet potatoes in a cauldron, we add water that covers them and a pinch of salt.
- Cook the sweet potatoes with medium heat until tender.
- Once they are cooked, drain the water and crush them well with a fork until they are mashed. We can use the blender too.
- Add the sweet potato puree, the sweet wine, the lemon juice, the sugar, the flour and knead everything together.
- When we have formed the dough we are taking with a spoon a portion of the dough to form the balls of fritters.
- In a pan put the oil to heat to fry the fritters. When the oil is hot, we fry the fritters. We pray on both sides.
- We are depositing fried fritters on a plate covered with absorbent paper or napkins to drain the surplus oil.
- Let the fritters cool.
- When they are cold before presenting them at the table, sprinkle with luster sugar.
When tasting them, we can accompany them with a splash of honey or syrup. ThemesEaster Recipes