Vegan Christmas: useful ideas for a Christmas without meat
Tradition says that Christmas dishes are served meat, such as the Turkey. But, what happens with vegan people? Well, there is also a wide variety of dishes perfect to celebrate a Christmas without meat.
Today we have compiled two dishes of vegan cuisine that are ideal to serve on Christmas dates. On the one hand, a vegan enchilada, ideal for lovers of Mexican food; a great option if you want to run away from the typical dishes of these dates and serve your guests something different. On the other hand, a more classic dessert of these dates, some gingerbread cookies for vegans that are to suck their fingers.
It does not matter if you do not have much morning with the kitchen; They are very simple recipes. In addition, we explain all the steps to detail so you do not miss anything.
For lovers of Mexican food ... Vegan Enchilada!
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ½ onion
- ¼ cup of red pepper
- ¼ cup of corn
- ¼ cup cooked beans
- 2 cups sauce for enchiladas
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- ½ lemon juice
- 4 corn tortillas
Recipe step by step
- The first step is to preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Then, in a frying pan, add a little olive oil and when it is hot, add the garlic and the chopped onion. Cook about 4 or 5 minutes.
- The red pepper is added in cubes and corn. They cook another few minutes.
- Add the cooked beans, the cup of enchilada sauce, the cayenne, the cumin, the cilantro and the lemon juice.
- In a baking dish add ¼ cup of enchilada sauce. Then, put 2 or 3 tablespoons of filling inside each tortilla. The enchiladas are rolled and placed on the tray. Add another ¼ cup on top.
- Finally, the enchiladas are baked about 20 minutes.
And for dessert ... Gingerbread cookies!
- 275 grams of flour
- 75 grams of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon and ½ of ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 50 grams of extra virgin olive oil
- 50 grams of oat milk
- 50 grams of agave syrup
The recipe step by step
- First all the dry ingredients are mixed in a bowl: flour, sugar, bicarbonate, salt and spices.
- Once the dry ingredients are mixed, the liquids are mixed in another bowl: oil, oat milk and agave syrup.
- Next, mix the dry ingredients with the liquids until you get a compact mass that has a slightly sticky texture but does not get stuck to your fingers. If it is very dry, just add a little milk; and, if it is very liquid, a little flour.
- The dough is wrapped in plastic wrap and left to rest in the refrigerator for one hour.
- Once the time has elapsed, the dough is stretched with the help of a rolling pin until it is more or less half a centimeter thick. Then, cut with the short pastry and place the cookies on a tray with the baking paper.
- The cookies are baked between 8 and 10 minutes at 175 degrees. When they are done, they are taken out, they are left about 2 minutes and they are passed to a rack until they are cold.
As you can see, they are perfect recipes to serve vegans at Christmas. Surely your guests love that you delight them with some Mexican enchiladas and gingerbread cookies to sweeten these special dates. ThemesChristmas Vegan Christmas Recipes