Yellow stools: why they appear, causes and treatment
We have all had problems of some kind at the time of going to the bathroom, there may even be certain types of anomalies that may surprise us and even worry us, especially when we look at the stool color (and ultimately not only in color, but also in its texture, specific appearance and smell).
One of these anomalies is the appearance of yellow stools after the moment of evacuating and finalizing the final process of digestion, which can undoubtedly become a real cause for concern, especially if we do not clearly know the causes that have caused its appearance.
In the particular case of stool yellow or yellowish, as we will analyze in detail throughout this note, are excrements, fecal matter or ultimately faeces that have a yellowish color. Its causes? Although they are very varied, yellow stools may be the result of viral or bacterial infections, by presence of parasites or for different conditions of the digestive tract.
What are yellow stools and what are their causes?
Yellow stools are the product of different factors, depending on the conditions and diseases that the person may have. It is true that their causes are in fact very varied.
Next, most will be listed in the following giving details of each of these:
- The result of undigested bile: This can be caused by a diseased gallbladder, which means that it can not do its main task, which is to collect the bile produced by the liver and then pass it to the intestines.
- Giardiasis: is an infection in the intestine, which causes severe yellow diarrhea, the most common cause of this infection is through the practice of sexual intercourse through the anus, although it is not the only way in which it appears.
- Gilbert's syndrome: It is a disease which is conditioned by outbreaks of jaundice and of hyperbilirubinemia and occurs when there is an excess of bilirubin in the individual's blood, this causes the aforementioned yellow stools.
- Cholangitis: which is inflammation or infection of the common hepatic and bile ducts associated with obstruction of the common bile duct, is a potentially fatal form of intra-abdominal sepsis.
- Cholecystitis: which is an inflammation of the wall of the gallbladder. The process once initiated generates notorious changes at a microscopic and macroscopic level that can even reach a severe phase of drilling.
- Jaundice: which is the yellowing of the skin and mucous membranes due to an increase in bilirubin that accumulates in the tissues, especially those with a greater number of elastic fibers.
- Hepatitis: a well-known inflammatory disease that affects the liver, its cause can be infectious, immune or toxic. It is also considered a sexually transmitted disease.
If the appearance of yellow stools is observed and they do not cease in a period of time, it is recommended to go to a doctor to treat this problem, since this can worsen and increase the risk in the individual who possesses them.
Treatments for yellow stools
There are many treatments when it comes to treating yellow stools in a person, several are natural treatments, then we will tell you several natural products that can help treat yellow stools and solve this problem:
- Aloe: It is a genus of succulent plants, which is used for the various benefits that provide the health of those who consume or use them on the skin, and can also calm minor burns, wounds and various skin conditions.
- Sulfur: which as is known is a chemical element, also able to help against yellow stools, if you have low amounts of sulfur in the body the appearance of yellow stools is more likely.
- Croton tiglium: is a species of flowering plant in the Euphorbiaceae family. It is one of the 50 fundamental herbs used in traditional Chinese medicine, it is used as cathartic and rubefacient.
- Mercury: another chemical element necessary to avoid the appearance of yellow stools with its absence or little quantity in the body.
- Borax: Also known as sodium heptaoxotetraborate, it is also an important compound to prevent the appearance of yellow stools in an individual, since this can help treat this condition.
Depending on the disease that produces the yellow stools the treatment will be different, it is recommended to visit your personal doctor and do all the necessary tests if the appearance of yellow stools does not stop quickly, this article is merely informative and does not pretend in any way to replace to the medical staff. This article is published for informational purposes only. It can not and should not replace the consultation with a Physician.We advise you to consult your Trusted Doctor. ThemesGastrointestinal disorders