Breastfeeding cushions: what they are, benefits and inconveniences
The breastfeeding cushions have been postulated over the past few years as an option to be taken into account for those moms who have just given to light. They turn out to be the most comfortable and pleasant at the time of breastfeeding our baby, so it offers us even many advantages during the Breastfeeding. And although they are not necessarily indispensable, more and more mothers use it during their day to day life.
In fact, the market offers a wide range of possibilities at the most competitive prices that will make any woman can afford them without having to scratch her pocket a lot. All without commenting that they are perfectly adapted to the dimensions of the small so that he feels comfortable at all times.
In this sense, we do not have to tell you that the breastfeeding cushions will make your life much easier to all our readers of NatureVia who have had the pleasant surprise of being mothers.
What is a breastfeeding cushion? What is it for?
A breastfeeding cushion is an accessory specially designed for breastfeeding, helping the mother to breastfeed her baby more easily, and above all, more comfortably.
It is also known by the name of breastfeeding pillow, and has been designed in order to support the baby much better and place it in the most correct posture for a more adequate breastfeeding.
In this way, as we will know throughout the following section aimed at discovering what are the main qualities that the breastfeeding cushion offers, it is ideal for rest your arms when the classic position of breastfeeding is maintained, so that the mother does not have to have her arms in tension throughout the entire feeding.
Most notable benefits of breastfeeding cushions
And you? Are you still a little reluctant to use them since you think they can be a little uncomfortable? Well do not worry because through the following article you we will talk about its most notable benefits that you must take into account from now on.
Take note of the main benefits that the use of breastfeeding cushions will offer you:
- They are very comfortable if they have performed a cesarean section. Thanks to these, you will be able to support the baby directly on the cushion without it "touching" the affected area, favoring the healing process.
- They are very useful for breastfeeding twins or twins. Since it will allow you to breastfeed simultaneously without having to make too great an effort or putting postures that can have a negative effect on the back.
- They avoid lumbar and back pain. This is because the weight of the little ones will fall more on the cushion itself than on your body. And therefore it will be a situation that will help you avoid problems in this area in the future.
- It encourages the baby to consume milk better. The cojón causes the child's mouth to always be more or less at the same level as the halo of the breast, thus promoting a correct suction of the milk.
Some drawbacks of nursing pads
However, breastfeeding pads can also a series of inconveniences that it's worth remembering. Although it should be noted that they are much less relevant than if we compare them with their benefits.
- It takes a while to get used to it. Many moms find themselves somewhat uncomfortable when using the breastfeeding pad because they do not offer a "natural" posture. But as many of you know, it's all a matter of practice and I'm sure that after a few days, you'll gradually get used to its use.
- They can result in somewhat forced postures. Especially if we have used them for a short time. Therefore, it is very important to place the baby in the most natural position possible so that both parties feel comfortable at all times.
Anyway, if we want to avoid this, the best thing we can do is go testing different models before choosing one without rhyme or reason. Remember that the breastfeeding cushions will accompany us throughout our daily routine during a minimum period of three or four months.
For this reason, it seems very important that both the baby and yourself feel comfortable at all times when breastfeeding. And if you can choose one that is Breathable material, so much better since it will prevent extreme sweating in the part of the baby's head. This article is published for informational purposes only. It can not and should not replace the consultation with a Physician. We advise you to consult your Trusted Doctor.