Carnival pancakes: ideal recipe for Carnival Tuesday
We are celebrating the days of the Carnival party, much awaited parties both in the Canary Islands and in many points of the peninsular geography.
The carnival is lived in all the Canary Islands with a lot of intensity, and many people throughout the year are preparing the costumes for those days, the murgas and the comparsas also rehearsing throughout the year to cheer us up these days.
These days of Carnival are ideal dates to go out on the street to dress up with the first thing we find and spend happy moments with family and friends.
These parties, like other parties that we celebrate throughout the year, have their confectionery or representative or traditional sweets which is made to taste those days.
In this post of NatureVia we make a tribute to the Canary Islands pastry in the Carnival Festivities.
The carnival pancakes are the pancakes or flour tortillas, these pancakes were prepared in the homes of the Canary Islands to taste them Tuesday of Carnival.
The pancakes that used to be prepared to be eaten that day were made with flour and that's how they were called carnival pancakes.
Nowadays, in addition to the flour pancakes, we also prepare other pancakes enriched with other ingredients such as pumpkin and bananas.
Both pancakes and others are easy to make and very tasty.
Although the tradition is to prepare them at these parties, the pancakes can be enjoyed at any time of the year, for snacks, at breakfast, as a dessert.
How to make carnival pancakes
Carnival pancakes are prepared with flour, eggs, milk, sugar, and to enhance the flavor of these pancakes is added a glass of anise, a few granites of anise, and grated lemon or orange skin.
Then they are accompanied with a little honey or a light syrup that can be aromatized or not, according to the taste of each one.
- 500 ml. milk.
- 6 eggs
- 400 grams of flour.
- A teaspoon of anise grains.
- A small shot glass of anise.
- 250 grams of sugar.
- The grated skin of a lemon.
- A teaspoon of cinnamon powder.
- Sunflower oil for frying or olive oil mild flavor.
- In a bowl we beat the eggs well, we can use the glass of the electric mixer.
- Once the eggs are beaten, add the sieved flour, milk, sugar and cinnamon little by little and continue mixing to mix well.
- Add the aniseed beans, the trickle of anise and the grated skin of the lemon. Beat again until the dough thickens.
- In a pan put plenty of oil to heat to fry the pancakes.
- When the oil is hot, we will start frying the pancakes. With the help of a soup spoon or a ladle, we take dough and pour it into the pan to make the pancakes.
- We browned the pancakes on both sides. On a plate or source put absorbent paper or napkins to go putting on the pancakes and to drain the surplus oil.
- Once all the pancakes are ready, put them in a clean dish and let them cool.
- When serving them, we present them with icing sugar on top and accompany them with a little honey.