How to make cashew milk and its nutritional benefits
The cashew milk is a vegetable drink made from the cashew nuts. Also known by the name of cajú, chestnut cashew or cashews, the cashew nuts are delicious and nutritious nuts with a mild flavor and a texture that is certainly crunchy.
As its name indicates, cashew milk is a vegetable drink that is made from the liquefied cashew nuts. It is a very simple drink to elaborate at the same time that very nutritious.
What is cashew milk and what are the advantages?
It is a truly wonderful drink, which is made from the liquefied cashew nuts. In fact, as we will see, its preparation is as simple as it is simple, since it is only necessary to soak the cashew nuts for a few hours and then beat them or liquefy them. As we see, really easy.
Besides being easily elaborated, it gives us other added advantages. Which are? We summarize them below:
- It is a lactose-free vegetable drink, ideal for those who suffer from lactose intolerance.
- It is a drink that is not made with ingredients of animal origin, so It is suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
- Its flavor is softer, compared to other vegetable drinks whose flavor may hit a little. This is the case of drinks such as oat milk or almond milk.
The nutritional benefits of cashew milk
The cashew nuts They are nuts that contribute to this drink all its beneficial nutritional properties for our body. And what are those interesting benefits?
Nutrient richness of cashew milk
The vegetable drink of cashews is very rich in minerals, highlighting in particular the presence of phosphorus, copper, selenium, calcium, magnesium, iron, potassium and zinc. It also contributes vitamins, among which the presence of B vitamins (B1, B2, B3, B6, B9 and B12) is particularly surprising; in addition to vitamins A, C, D and E.
On the other hand, it also provides a good amount of vegetable proteins, while it is very rich in fiber.
It is an ideal drink for pregnant women due to its richness in folic acid, an essential vitamin before and during pregnancy, since it helps to prevent problems of development in the fetus.
Ideal against cholesterol and triglycerides
In case of high triglycerides Did you know that cashew milk is ideal to reduce them? Not only in case of triglycerides, also in case of high cholesterol (especially LDL cholesterol).
This quality is found in the vegetable drink of cashews thanks to its composition in Omega 6 fatty acids, which as you surely know, are healthy fats with heart-healthy benefits.
Cashew milk recipe
This recipe becomes another option to prepare and taste different vegetable drinks and we can also vary our recipe.
The milk of cashew nuts can be taken very fresh, on hot summer days, they will fill us with energy while keeping us well hydrated.
To sweeten the milk of cashew nuts in our recipe we have chosen the dates, so we also bring the nutritional benefits of the date making this vegetable drink even more nutritious.
In case you do not like dates, you can sweeten your taste by choosing your favorite sweetener, honey, agave syrup, stevia, whole sugar.
- 150 grams of raw cashews and without salt.
- A liter and a half of mineral water.
- The seeds of a vanilla pod or a teaspoon of vanilla powder.
- 6 dates on branch (to sweeten the milk).
- We put the cashew soaking in water at least 2 or 3 hours. After the time we drain the cashew nuts well.
- In the glass of the blender put the cashews and half of the water and operate the blender until the cashews are well crushed.
- Add the rest of the water and stir well with a spoon until the water is well integrated.
- We pass the vegetable drink through a sieve, fine cloth or fine sieve and we will squeeze well until obtaining all the juice of the cashew nuts.
- We remove the bone from the dates and chop them.
- Next we put the juice of cashew nuts in the blender and add the chopped dates, the vanilla seeds or the teaspoon vanilla powder and we crush everything well.
- We pour the milk of cashew nuts in a glass jar or glass bottle and reserve in the fridge to take it cold.
In addition, it is a vegetable drink that is preserved perfectly in the fridge for 2 or 3 days.
If you want to drink the warm milk of cashew nuts we can warm it especially on the cold days of autumn and winter, it is quite comforting.
Do you dare to prepare it and try it? If you like cashew nuts, the flavor of cashew milk will surprise you.
Properties of cashew milk, to summarize
- Rich in healthy fatty acids: Omega 6 fatty acids, considered good fats, heart-healthy.
- Rich in fiber.
- Vegetable proteins
- Complex and simple carbohydrates.
- Group B vitamins: B1, B2, B3, B6, B9, B12.
- Vitamins A, C, D, and E.
- Folic acid.
- Minerals: copper, magnesium, potassium, selenium, phosphorus, iron, calcium, zinc.
- Rich in phytosterols.