How to relieve joint pain naturally
The osteoarthritis is a chronic disease that produces a lot pain and inflammation preventing us from doing the daily movements that we used to do with ease. It occurs when the cartilage that covers the bones and acts as a shock absorber deteriorates causing wear on the bones and causing the onset of pain.
Osteoarthritis usually affects the joints of the hands, knees, hips or spine. The reasons why this disease appears are not entirely clear, however some situations or risk factors may predispose us to suffer from this disease.
We can mention some risk factors that can influence the appearance of osteoarthritis, such as genetics, as it is a hereditary disease. Also age, the work we do when it comes to very repetitive tasks, obesity, menopause, or having suffered some trauma.
Osteoarthritis is a disease that mostly affects women in a greater percentage than men, and age is usually between 50 and 55 years. The symptoms besides the pain, it is the crunches, having limited movements in the affected joint.
To prevent as much as possible the appearance of osteoarthritis and reach the age range in which osteoarthritis can affect us in good shape, we must take care of ourselves leading a life as healthy as possible in which the healthy and balanced diet is present as well as daily physical activity performed moderately, avoid overweight, obesity, avoid jobs that involve physical overexertion or repetitive movements.
Foods that will help us prevent osteoarthritis
The foods that we detail below will not only help us prevent the onset of osteoarthritis, they can also help us to relieve pain or inflammation. Do not forget to include these foods in the shopping cart:
- Vegetables: You should not miss vegetables of all kinds in a healthy and balanced diet, but to prevent osteoarthritis or relieve your symptoms do not forget to include these vegetables, watercress, broccoli, lettuce, celery, cabbage, cauliflower, carrot, cassava, tomatoes, peppers, radishes, leeks, onions, parsley.
- Fruits: pineapple, avocado, papaya, banana, strawberries, melon, red grapes, lemon.
- Fish: Blue fish, we should consume it 3 times a week, blue fish are rich in Omega 3 essential oil.
- Nuts: pine nuts, almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, are rich in vitamin E and oleic acid.
- Extra virgin olive oil: to prepare your recipes, spread on toast, dress salads, olives we must also make a hole in our salads.
- Aromatic herbs or condiments: especially those with anti-inflammatory properties such as turmeric, ginger, garlic, oregano, chilli, rosemary, cloves.
- Whole grains
- 100% pure black chocolate.
Foods that we should avoid
Refined, sugary foods, saturated fats, reduce or avoid the consumption of animal fats, sausages, coffee and alcohol.
2 natural remedies to relieve inflammation and pain
To relieve pain and inflammation we can resort to these two completely natural remedies Arnica and Angelica. These medicinal plants can be obtained in herbalists and parapharmacies.
Infusion of Angelica for external use
To prepare this natural remedy we need a liter of water and 50 grams of Angelica's dried plant.
We put the water to boil and once it starts to boil add the Angelica. Let boil for 10 minutes. Turn off the heat and let stand covered for 10 minutes.
We mix the preparation and even when hot we moisten a compress or cotton cloth and apply it on the painful area for 10 minutes. We repeat as many times as necessary.
Tincture or extract of Arnica
Dilute 1 ml. of Arnica extract in 100 ml. of water.
Moisten a compress or cotton cloth in the preparation and apply it on the painful area. This article is published for informational purposes only. It can not and should not replace the consultation with a Physician. We advise you to consult your Trusted Doctor.