2 recipes of Canarian desserts: Prince Albert and quesadilla
The recipes we present in this post are two Dessert recipes typical of the gastronomy of the Canary Islands, specifically of the Island of La Palma and of the Isla del Hierro. They are two very rich desserts, easy to make and you will surely like them.
Do you dare to try them? Here are the ingredients and steps to make them.
Prince Albert It is a typical dessert of the Island of La Palma, it is a delicious dessert especially for chocolate lovers. Although it is traditional Palmera Island is well known and developed in all the Canary Islands. It is simple to make and it is very tasty.
- 300 grams of melting dark chocolate.
- 80 grams of white sugar
- 80 grams of icing sugar.
- 4 eggs
- 100 grams of almond crispy.
- 150 grams of butter.
- 400 grams of sponge cake or tongues.
- 250 ml. of coffee.
- 200 ml. of liquid cream.
- In a saucepan or heater we put the chopped chocolate on the fire to melt it. We add the butter along with the chocolate to melt it too. While they are melting we are stirring and we also add the icing sugar and keep the fire soft.
- When everything is well melted add the cream and continue cooking and stirring for about five minutes with soft fire. In a bowl beat the four yolks well and add them to the melted chocolate that we still have cooking and without stopping to stir the mix with the chocolate.
- Turn off the heat and beat the egg whites until stiff with sugar. Little by little we incorporated the egg whites to mix them with the chocolate with enveloping and soft movements.
- We are putting the coffee pot to the fire to make coffee. We put the coffee in a deep dish to wet the biscuits. We take a mold or container in which we go to make the dessert and we are assembling the dessert in layers.
- The first layer will be chocolate, the second layer of sponge cake moistened in coffee, the third layer of chocolate, the next layer of almond crispy. We will follow this order until we finish with all the ingredients.
- We will keep in mind that the last layer should be chocolate and almond crispy. Once all the dessert is done, we will put the mold in the fridge to taste it cold.
At the time of presenting it, we will share pieces of Prince Albert in individual plates. Prince Albert can present himself in individual cups as well. To present it in glasses we will assemble the dessert following the same steps.
The quesadilla It is a traditional dessert of the Isla del Hierro, it is made with artisan cheese typical of the island. In this recipe we have made the quesadilla with fresh goat cheese and it is very rich.
- Half a kilo of fresh goat cheese.
- 100 grams of simple wheat flour.
- 2 eggs
- 300 grams of white sugar
- The grated skin of a lemon.
- A teaspoon of matalahúva grains.
- A teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- A teaspoon of honey
- Crush the cheese well. Mix the cheese with the flour and make a dough. In a bowl or bowl we beat the eggs well. We add the beaten eggs to the dough and mix everything well.
- Add the grated skin of the lemon, the cinnamon, the grains of honey, the sugar and stir well. We knead everything together with our hands. Once the dough is done, let it rest for 15 minutes.
- We grease the walls and the bottom of the mold with a little butter. Pour the dough into the mold. We can use individual small molds with the typical form of Herreñas quesadillas.
- We preheat the oven with a temperature of 180ºC for 10 minutes. We introduce the mold in the oven and cook the quesadilla for 25 minutes with a temperature of 180ºC and heat up and down.
- When golden brown, remove the quesadilla from the oven. We let the quesadilla cool and once cold we can take it out of the mold.
- We serve the quesadilla in portions and individual dishes.
Enjoy your meal! ThemesCanary recipes