Jijona nougat parfait: deliciously Christmas recipe
With the name of parfait (or with other equally common denominations, such as, for example, the case ofparfoi) we are faced with a wonderful cold dessert whose meaning would literally be "perfect", in its translation of the original French word.
Why that name? Possibly because its discoverer found that this peculiar and characteristic ice cream dessert is the result of an exact and precise combination of its ingredients, so that any failure or any other ingredient-or less-will result in a dish that would have nothing to do with the.
And it is that, indeed as you may have already imagined, it is a dessert of French origin, which was first elaborated in 1894. As we can see, it is a typical dessert that already has a lot of tradition.
We could define it effectively as a frozen dessert that is usually presented as a block or thick sheet. We find in it some basic characteristics easily distinguishable, as for example is its delicate texture and delicious creaminess. These conditions are achieved thanks to the integration of cream or milk cream (which have a high fat content).
Of course, despite being an ice cream dessert it differs from ice cream in that it tends not to crystallize, due mainly to its high content of cream or cream, and therefore in its greatest amount of fat.
Among the most popular and popular parfaits we can mention the exquisite fig parfait, which is usually served accompanied by hot chocolate above, which in contact with the cold tends to harden creating an almost magical symphony of crisp textures and contrasting flavors that combine perfectly.
If you are passionate or passionate about the parfait and love it as much as we do, it was evident that we should find the perfect combination of ingredients to enjoy it also at Christmas, but with the typical flavors of these parties, do not you think? That is why this time we propose the preparation of a delicious Jijona nougat parfait ideal to enjoy these days. Do you dare to prepare it ?.
Recipe of Jijona nougat parfait
As you will see for yourself if you prepare it, we are faced with a dessert that is usually easy to make and without much complication, which will result in the characteristic and quintessential flavor of these parties (the traditional soft almond nougat).
It will take about 20 minutes to prepare it, and about 30 minutes to cook it.
- 250 g of Jijona turron
- 6 egg whites + 6 egg yolks
- 1/2 l of milk
- 6 sheets of gelatin (soaked in cold water)
- 200 ml. cream
- 150 g of sugar
Elaboration of Jijona nougat parfait
- First put the gelatine leaves in a saucepan with cold water, leaving them to soak until they soften.
- Carefully divide the yolks of the egg whites and whisk them with 100 grams of sugar until they whiten.
- Heat the milk in a saucepan and add half of the beaten egg yolks. Dilute them well and pass them to a new bucket.
- Pour the rest of the hot milk over the rest of the yolks and heat until the cream thickens (it is very important that you remove it constantly to prevent the cream from being cut).
- Cut Jijona nougat and work well to get it almost completely dissolved (if you want you can do it with a meat grinder). Add it to the previous saucepan and stir well.
- Now add the well-drained gelatine, mix well and let it cool.
- In a bowl or wide bowl, mount the whites until stiff.
- In another bowl put the cream and 50 grams of sugar and put it to the point of chantillí.
- Mix the nougat cream with the cream, with the help of a spatula. And now add this mixture to the whites mounted on snow.
- Pass the mixture to a large mold or to individual molds if you prefer and freeze. Ready!.
- When serving, it is convenient to remove it from the freezer between 5 to 10 minutes before.